Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 17-03-2012, 07:46   #91
Armchair Bucketeer

Re: Entry Reg's n Rules

Shame I am not in your locale - we could do a deal on a salvage job.........if the next leg went badly........
David_Old_Jersey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-2012, 07:52   #92
Moderator and Certifiable Refitter

Boat: C.L.O.D.

Quote:
Originally Posted by boatman61 View Post
Only if its Bundaberg.......
No problem
All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find it was vanity: but the dreamers of the day are dangereous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, to make it possible. T.E. Lawrence
Wotname is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2012, 09:53   #93
Senior Cruiser

Community Sponsor
Cruisers Forum Supporter

pirate Re: Entry Reg's n Rules

Quote:
Originally Posted by atoll View Post
pleased to hear you made it safe,tho 23 days to cover 1200 miles!!!!!!!

still think via panama may be quicker!!

did you find the southerly winds lol!
Less than that... spent 4 days at Ft Pierce while a german crew person hummed and haa'd sail or leave, sail or leave... till I kicked her off...
Sailed on the 1st March and got to 28N, 69E then had to run to St Martin... but I get the point...
This is our 10th day in St Martin...

You can't beat a people up for 75 years and have them say.. "I Love You.. ".
"It is better to die standing proud, than to live a lifetime on ones knees.."

The Politician Never Bites the Hand that Feeds him the 30 piece's of Silver..
boatman61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2012, 10:51   #94

Boat: <sold the 140' steel flybridge ketch & Hunter CC

Quote:
Originally Posted by boatman61 View Post
Less than that... spent 4 days at Ft Pierce while a german crew person hummed and haa'd sail or leave, sail or leave... till I kicked her off...

In USA, we call that "nagging" and tis good grounds for divorce or "walking the plank!"

Johnny
Johnny Cruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-03-2012, 06:57   #95

Boat: Cape Dory Typhoon

We just drove to Houston TX. From Portland OR, by way of LA. I am a US citizen my friend has his card but is from Sri Lanka. The El Paso boarder patrol was very interested in something in the car. Granted we had it packed with boat gear (the boat is already there) some of which was spices, so one of the dogs 'found something of interest' in the car we were asked to park and wait inside. I found it interesting that I was not asked for my I D but Ajit had to show his and answer questions. After they went though things we were alowed to leave, we asked what it was that the dog had ,hit, on but were given a very vauge answer that it might be anything. the next time we stopped we looked, there was some dried fish in a vacum pack that had been moved out of the sealed box. Maybe they nee to feed the dogs more often
Neecer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-03-2012, 08:51   #96

Boat: Now we need to get her to Louisiana !! she's ours

Yes Neecer isn't that El Paso stop wonderful!! Ive been through Border Crossings with less trouble !! We went to Cali last yr for our Daughters wedding!! Saw the big line up on the other side of I 10 on our way out to Cali and wonderd what it was !! Boy we found out on the way back in our 1 ton PU full of Boat stuff we bought in Cali LOL what a rush !! Im bearded and look like a semi- boat bum LOL so I guess thats a little like a Terriost(spl) LOL so we went thru the same thing !! at least they put it all back in after the search LOL Guess they do stop a lot of drugs and POOR Mexicans LOL makes ya Proud to be American!! ust my 2 cents
Old 31-03-2012, 01:49   #97

Boat: CT 56
Send a message via Skype™ to undercutter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenhand View Post
Even before 9/11, my mother once had trouble getting back into the US because she had sent her luggage back with Dad. Someone traveling for two weeks with just a handbag set off the alarms.
In 2005 my company bought a railway machine which was delivered to Massena NY by the selling Railway but we had to recive the machine there and drive it by rail back to Canada. When I arrived at the border from Canada to get to the railway yard where the machine was parked I realized that I had forgotten my ID (no passports required back then post 911). Fortunately had bill of sale for equipment ($$$) and as I was already in the lane to booth (couldn't turn back) apologized to officer stating the situation and told him I would turn around and go back. "No need" he stated. He just radioed over to main building and explained that I would be coming over to fill out affidavit identifying myself after he inspected bill of sale and brokerage doc's that I was carrying for the machine. Went through with no problem.

In 2009, after spending some time in Cuba on my boat berthed in Varadero returned to Canada with no luggage and spent 2 hours in the "room" as this raised unreasonable suspicion in the Canadian Customs eyes. Finally got tired of there nonsense and refused to answer there questions and stated either arrest me or let me go whereupon they let me go. Born Canadian citizen with Passport in hand.????
undercutter is offline   Reply With Quote