Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Today, 08:10   #1

French Caribbean Formalities Change

As of 01-sept-2024 the check-in procedure for St Martin, St Barts, Guadeloupe, and Martinique will change.

Always some of the least formal formalities in the Caribbean, they are getting even more relaxed. A form will be available online that will be submitted before arrival. You will get an email with approval. Print this and take to the port captain at the port of entry for endorsement. I assume (but do not know) they will still collect the €5 fee at that point.

No more waiting inline to use the computer at the port of entry, and no more struggling with the French keyboard while entering data!

I am not sure yet what check out will look like, but I assume similar.

The forms are to be available on this website beginning September 1. At this point, I don't find them there yet. I assume they will be active on 01-Sept.

https://www.demarches-simplifiees.fr...rance-antilles
SailingHarmonie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 08:48   #2

Boat: Oyster 66
Re: French Caribbean Formalities Change

Quote:
Originally Posted by SailingHarmonie View Post
As of 01-sept-2024 the check-in procedure for St Martin, St Barts, Guadeloupe, and Martinique will change.

Always some of the least formal formalities in the Caribbean, they are getting even more relaxed. A form will be available online that will be submitted before arrival. You will get an email with approval. Print this and take to the port captain at the port of entry for endorsement. I assume (but do not know) they will still collect the €5 fee at that point.

No more waiting inline to use the computer at the port of entry, and no more struggling with the French keyboard while entering data!

I am not sure yet what check out will look like, but I assume similar.

The forms are to be available on this website beginning September 1. At this point, I don't find them there yet. I assume they will be active on 01-Sept.

https://www.demarches-simplifiees.fr...rance-antilles
What if you don’t have a printer? I hope I don’t need to get one as that would in effect be one step forwards, two steps backwards.
poiu is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
Caribbean, enc, rib