Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 29-05-2024, 11:59   #1

Boat: Jeanneau, SO51
Panama Zarpe and stamp needed to check in polynesia?

Hi

Do a crew need panama zarpe and exit stamp in their passports to check-in polynesia, if they are EU citizens?

Thanks
BR
CombatDiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-05-2024, 13:32   #2

Boat: Stern50
Re: Panama Zarpe and stamp needed to check in polynesia?

A zarpe is for the ship. A crewlist is also stamped normally, which is also a ship's paper. Individual crew members need clearance out stamp when a entry stamp was given. Or an digital way of clearance at the immigration office when leaving, otherwise this crewmember gets problems next time entering that country (I know, had that experience in Australia)
RonaldL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-05-2024, 21:21   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonaldL View Post
A zarpe is for the ship. A crewlist is also stamped normally, which is also a ship's paper. Individual crew members need clearance out stamp when a entry stamp was given. Or an digital way of clearance at the immigration office when leaving, otherwise this crewmember gets problems next time entering that country (I know, had that experience in Australia)
Thanks for your reply. I know what does it mean every single concept we are talking about here, I have been crusing the world around 10 years. Question is direct and simple: Did you know if zarpe is specifically required for gendarmerie in French Polynesia? yes or no. According other threads here, Gendarmerie doesnt ask for the zarpe. I know to move between SouthAmerica Countries is required.

About the output stamp is the same, with the specific case that we are entering into France and we are Spanish.

I know also that in case to get out of panama without exit stamp, We could have problems to return.

But kindly thanks again for your time!!.
Old 29-05-2024, 21:36   #4

I needed no zarpe when arriving in Hiva Oa. I did have to show I had a plane ticket to LA in 3 months though.
Eder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-05-2024, 21:52   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eder View Post
I needed no zarpe when arriving in Hiva Oa. I did have to show I had a plane ticket to LA in 3 months though.
Please Eder: When you said "I needed no zarpe" you mean, they didnt ask for it specifically?
Did they search for your exit stamp in your passport?

Abotu the plane ticket, I have read in official polynesse web, that if you are not EU citizen , some countries, they ask for the return ticket

Thanks Eder
Old 29-05-2024, 22:17   #6

Hi Combat Diver
I was not asked for any zarpe,no exit stamp. I was asked where I was coming from, my passport, assurance I would leave French Polynesia.
I bought a ticket from French Bee for wife & myself that was cancelable without penalty. That satisfied customs.
No real need to formally exit when you leave either if you head to Hawaii from here...a lot of waiting & paperwork for no reason and the USA doesn't care about any exit paperwork.(Do pitch all your food before arriving unless you use Hilo...they don't care.)
Old 30-05-2024, 11:56   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eder View Post
Hi Combat Diver
I was not asked for any zarpe,no exit stamp. I was asked where I was coming from, my passport, assurance I would leave French Polynesia.
I bought a ticket from French Bee for wife & myself that was cancelable without penalty. That satisfied customs.
No real need to formally exit when you leave either if you head to Hawaii from here...a lot of waiting & paperwork for no reason and the USA doesn't care about any exit paperwork.(Do pitch all your food before arriving unless you use Hilo...they don't care.)
Many thanks for your reply. Sorry for the following question but... what does "HILO" means? sorry for my question, but I dont even get a clue!!
Old 30-05-2024, 13:33   #8

Sorry...Hilo is the spot to check in if you return to the USA from Polynesia,
They're cool guys working customs there....unlike the purgatory for sailors that Oahu puts on.
Old 30-05-2024, 14:29   #9

Boat: Morgan 382

Quote:
Originally Posted by CombatDiver View Post
Many thanks for your reply. Sorry for the following question but... what does "HILO" means? sorry for my question, but I dont even get a clue!!
Hilo is the name of a city in Hawaii, that is one of the ports of entry.
Old 31-05-2024, 12:11   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by wholybee View Post
Hilo is the name of a city in Hawaii, that is one of the ports of entry.
Ok thanks both of you!!

Tags
Panama