Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 17-01-2020, 03:52   #76

Boat: Looking now. Proud AP sailer
Re: Russian spy ship right in my next rumb line

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elvin View Post
Income taxes are not a political view, they are are an out of control burden. Only two countries in the world tax citizens on money earned in another country. The US and Eritria
WRONG

Aussie expats pay taxes when working as overseas. Unless it’s a government to government tax free agreement, as per British Aerospace Aircraft Techs in Saudi.. I was one of them.

If the host nation demands tax and it’s lower than the Aussie tax rate, then that person pays the difference to Australia.

Def reduces the incentive to work overseas. But I agree. Should be posted elsewhere.
John_char is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-2020, 04:41   #77

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Location: Denmark (Winter), Cruising North Sea and Baltic (Summer)
Boat: Cutter-Rigged Moody 54

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cadence View Post
I'll look into it since you surprised me. This is the wrong place for political views.

As a long time (30+ years) expat who has been voting and paying taxes all that time, I can confirm what BelizeSailor said.

And unlike the Aussies working overseas, we pay them even if we are tax resident in another country. Only the U.S. and I believe some African country do that
We must have a turn together . . . . I undress . . . . hurry me out of sight of the land,
Cushion me soft . . . . rock me in billowy drowse,
Dash me with amorous wet . . . . I can repay you."
Walt Whitman
Dockhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-2020, 05:18   #78
UFO

Boat: Lagoon 440

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_char View Post
WRONG

If the host nation demands tax and it’s lower than the Aussie tax rate, then that person pays the difference to Australia.

Hey does that mean I can get a rebate if the rate is higher
UFO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-2020, 12:16   #79

Boat: Looking now. Proud AP sailer

Quote:
Originally Posted by UFO View Post
Hey does that mean I can get a rebate if the rate is higher

Hmmmm, that sounds legit at tax time🤣🤣

Even is Saudi they are now demanding taxes, however the company ups the wages to compensate.
John_char is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-05-2020, 09:26   #80

Boat: Beneteau/343

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elvin View Post
The US weapons industry is one trillion dollars annually

Every congressman is bribing and corrupting to get projects and money for his state. Along with that the establishment powers want more power, glory and a booming economy. Most of them actually believe their own war mongering propaganda. Oblivious to the hundreds of millions of women and children they kill.

All those weapons have to go somewhere. We force the middle east oil country to buy, Coerce, bribe and fear monger Japan, South Korea and Taiwan in buy billions. We should give North Korea a sales commission every time they test a missile.

We open up 1000 military bases all over the world, each with a weapons depot or warehouse to hide the over production of weapons in.

And get rid of some military aircraft. send phony messages to unarmed US Navy patrol aircraft tricking them into flying into Soviet Navy airspace to get shot down. I was missile locked so many times that I lost count, The Russians were not stupid enough to shoot us down. They just warned us away with a missile lock. But of course accidents happen when you play war games, but the official report says that the aircraft with 8 tons of mil spec electronics, a 26 man crew, and 28 hours of fuel got lost and ran out of fuel at sea. LOL The Navy's way of robbing the war mongers of a propaganda opportunity. Everything is fake news and fake history.

There is a pretty good film on the Cuban Missile Crisis where one of the presidents key guys is calling various air units to say that they had not been shot at, when they had, in order to prevent an irrevocable escalation.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thirteen_Days_(film)
davefromoregon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-05-2020, 10:02   #81

Boat: Hunter 37 Cheribini

I think it might be time to close this topic, OK moderator??
Apollo366 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
grass, rum, Russia