Cruisers Forum

Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-04-2015, 23:39   #76

Re: Traveled to 9 countries without a passport

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyoldboatguy View Post
Yeah, the OP keeps saying the U.S., flawed tho it is, is the best country but he touts flagrant disrespect for the rule of law. I call troll, as well.
I concur, the worrying thing is the folks that seem to agree with him.

Bavaria 50 Cruiser
Old 05-04-2015, 07:32   #77

Boat: Camano Troll

Quote:
Originally Posted by krafthaus View Post
What a load of bull crap. You're a troll.

Sent from my iPad using Cruisers Sailing Forum
I was wondering if anyone else suspected that the entire story (both threads) was fictional.

I suspect the OP is getting a good laugh at all the responses to his "story".
Old 05-04-2015, 07:33   #78

Boat: Wildcat 35, Hobie 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evenstar View Post
As someone who always clears into countries legally, pays all the fees, gets all the permits and obeys all the local laws of the places where I am a guest I tend to have little patience for those that ignore the local laws, rules and customs.

I agree, I'm a guest in their country and abide by their laws and customs. A'holes who don't just make it harder for the rest of us.

I know a number of people who've sailed/traveled extensively on limited resources and done so legally, lived up to their responsiblities, and not scammed other people/governments to do so. It can be done this way just as easily, and without much more cash. I admire their resourcefulness. I know some fine people who fall into this category. (I also know many very poor locals in Guatemala who are excellent people that get thru life and raise families on minimal resources, but maintain their integrity. I have a great deal of respect for them).

I also know and have encountered the parasitic variety like the OP's BIL. Fortunatley they are usually rather obvious and can be avoided...because if you don't, they will invitablely try to leech off you. Some are quite aggressive about it, like they think they are entitled to it. I find nothing admirable about their behavior.

Apparently that is the key difference for the OP. He admires the later variety.
Old 05-04-2015, 07:38   #79

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyoldboatguy View Post
Yeah, the OP keeps saying the U.S., flawed tho it is, is the best country but he touts flagrant disrespect for the rule of law. I call troll, as well.
"... but he touts flagrant disrespect for the rule of law [of other countries]"

That is not an uncommon American attitude...that we should be able to go anywhere and do anything we wish. Manifest in both the attitudes of some individuals and our foreign policy.
Old 05-04-2015, 11:03   #80

Rules are made to be broken....

I been sold too many pipes dreams by my very own government.

I'm tired of being their slave and paying my taxes, while they dine on 5 star meals on my dime.

Who said ignore is bliss is wrong. My eyes has been wide open and there are too many injustice not only in my back yard but through out the world.

For all you square and law abiding people out there. Good job, there is nothing wrong with following the rules that suit your needs.

I have played by the books all my life and have never knowingly committed a crime. But seeing the world and the politics today makes me sick, to top that off I'm part of the fabric that makes my government turns.

In my opinion we need to have a hard look at ourselves, starting from the bottom to the top. The easy way is to change my government is to get rid of all the lobbiest and end all political donations. But I'm sure the politician will eventually find alternative way for money to flow to their pockets, but it would be a go start in my eyes.

For all you people calling my bil a criminal. I agree. But he is my hero criminal.

Yes you can still have integrity and break a few rules along the way.

Bottom line: my intent is to share with you people my bil adventure and how fascinating it was to me. Thank you to people that pointed out to all the laws that he broke and how big of a leach he is.
Old 05-04-2015, 11:25   #81

You're welcome.
Old 05-04-2015, 13:38   #82

Boat: 31' Cape George Cutter

So your argument is that because of all the injustice you see, it is OK for you and your BIL to commit some of your own? I guess you never took to heart "two wrongs don't make a right". In fact, thinking like yours is exactly why corruption is spreading in the good ole US of A. Instead of becoming part of the problem, how about working to solve it? What we really need to do is start throwing our white collar criminals, including a healthy tranche of bought-and-paid-for politicians, into high security prisons to do "hard time" (and close the "Club Fed" option). If you care so much then demonstrate, contribute, campaign, and vote to raise our standards instead of lowering your own.

Greg
Old 05-04-2015, 18:46   #83

Boat: Alden auxiliary ketch 48'

STOP. FEEDING. THE. TROLL.

Old 06-04-2015, 07:01   #84

Quote:
Originally Posted by belizesailor View Post
"... but he touts flagrant disrespect for the rule of law [of other countries]"

That is not an uncommon American attitude...
You must be hanging around with different kinds of Americans than I do. I would consider that sort of attitude extremely uncommon among my circle of acquaintances.
Old 06-04-2015, 11:21   #85

Quote:
Originally Posted by denverd0n View Post
You must be hanging around with different kinds of Americans than I do. I would consider that sort of attitude extremely uncommon among my circle of acquaintances.
Not hanging around them, but just spend some time ashore in mainland USA with typical middle America and you will get plenty of that.
Old 06-04-2015, 12:18   #86

Quote:
Originally Posted by belizesailor View Post
Not hanging around them, but just spend some time ashore in mainland USA with typical middle America and you will get plenty of that.
Um... I do, and... I don't.
Old 06-04-2015, 16:23   #87

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarinaPDX View Post
So your argument is that because of all the injustice you see, it is OK for you and your BIL to commit some of your own? I guess you never took to heart "two wrongs don't make a right". In fact, thinking like yours is exactly why corruption is spreading in the good ole US of A. Instead of becoming part of the problem, how about working to solve it? What we really need to do is start throwing our white collar criminals, including a healthy tranche of bought-and-paid-for politicians, into high security prisons to do "hard time" (and close the "Club Fed" option). If you care so much then demonstrate, contribute, campaign, and vote to raise our standards instead of lowering your own.

Greg
I would run for office but I lacking in campaign donations 😲.

We should follow the lead from several countries that all candidates, has x amount of tv time and campaigning for free. When that started, it's hard find people trying to run.......

I remember a few years ago Meg Whitman spend 200 millions dollars of her own money to run for governor in California...... At first glance that makes no sense. Cause being governor only pays $150k a year. But if you dig deeper, I'm sure if Meg Whitman was in office, she would of triple her investment in some shady deals that is unknown to all of us.

Moral of the story here is, Google my facts and ask yourself why would someone spend $200 million for a $150k a year job??????

Bottom line, my bil enter several countries illegally and left it untouched and he is a criminal? Got you thinking huh

We are all stuck on this rock that we call earth. Just because you pee and **** there doesn't mean it's yours.

Time for a new movement.... A world without political borders. Will I live to see that. Nope.....

So for all you cruiser roaming the 7 seas and can afford to pay the entry fees, rock on. But for all the ones living on budgets and frugal lives, when you meet God and he ask you why you didn't pay those entry fees, I'm sure he will understand that you have this bad habit call eating and staying alive.
Old 06-04-2015, 17:41   #88

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mai-tide View Post
I

I remember a few years ago Meg Whitman spend 200 millions dollars of her own money to run for governor in California...... At first glance that makes no sense. Cause being governor only pays $150k a year. But if you dig deeper, I'm sure if Meg Whitman was in office, she would of triple her investment in some shady deals that is unknown to all of us.

Moral of the story here is, Google my facts and ask yourself why would someone spend $200 million for a $150k a year job??????
You are a complete fool if you believe everyone enters public service because it's the best way for them to make the most money. Do you think Jay Rockefeller spent his life in politics for the money? Bloomberg became mayor of New York to enhance his portfolio? Many do, and many don't. You have an incredibly shallow view of life, my friend.
Old 06-04-2015, 18:00   #89
Now on the Dark Side: Stink Potter.

Boat: Sea Hunt 234 Ultra

Quote:
So for all you cruiser roaming the 7 seas and can afford to pay the entry fees, rock on. But for all the ones living on budgets and frugal lives, when you meet God and he ask you why you didn't pay those entry fees, I'm sure he will understand that you have this bad habit call eating and staying alive.
Wow, now God is involved.?
Whoever that may be. Gods, Angels, Satans and Santaclauses are all man made and only the naive and the needy believes in them.
Especially rednecks and republicans, not sure why that goes with stupidity, but it seems to go hand in hand.
Old 06-04-2015, 21:33   #90

Boat: Alden auxiliary ketch 48'

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSY Man View Post
Wow, now God is involved.?
Whoever that may be. Gods, Angels, Satans and Santaclauses are all man made and only the naive and the needy believes in them.
Especially rednecks and republicans, not sure why that goes with stupidity, but it seems to go hand in hand.

I thank God we have rational atheists to remind us idiots that we are idiots.
Closed Thread