Cruisers Forum

Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-04-2015, 05:36   #91

Boat: Camano Troll
Re: Traveled to 9 countries without a passport

Quote:
But for all the ones living on budgets and frugal lives, when you meet God and he ask you why you didn't pay those entry fees, I'm sure he will understand that you have this bad habit call eating and staying alive.
If you've been breaking the law by not paying entry fees, you won't be meeting God, you'll be meeting the guy in the red suit with horns and a tail.
Old 07-04-2015, 12:08   #92

Boat: 31' Cape George Cutter

You know we have him on the run when he invokes God!

Greg
Old 07-04-2015, 12:56   #93

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwidman View Post
If you've been breaking the law by not paying entry fees, you won't be meeting God, you'll be meeting the guy in the red suit with horns and a tail.

Warning if you don't pay ur fees you will be meeting these girls. Being naughty will be punished by the naughtier ones
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	215
Size:	419.7 KB
ID:	100102  
Old 07-04-2015, 23:11   #94

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: FP Belize Maestro 43 and OPBs

Tell your BIL to head back to PNG again. This in a local newspaper today:

Filipinos to be deported after jail terms | The National
" ARRANGEMENTS are being made for the deportation of six Filipinos who were jailed for six months each with hard labour at the Buimno Correctional Facility in Morobe for illegally entering PNG.
One of the accused, Marcial Asada, 42, is from Barangai Daiangas South village in Jinaros, Santos City in the Philippines.
Acting Deputy Commissioner of Police Chief of Operations Jim Andrews said Asada was convicted in the Lae District Court on June 16 last year and was sentenced to six months’ hard labour for entering PNG without a valid entry permit.
Andrews said police were liaising with Interpol and the PNG Departments of Foreign Affairs and Trade and Immigration and the Philippines Embassy to arrange the deportation of the six after they had served their terms."
Old 08-04-2015, 06:33   #95

Boat: 50' Herreshoff Ketch

Can't wait to read the book you write... "But it worked for my bil
", the true story of how a young man, attempting to follow in the foot steps of his bil, was apprehended and thrown in jail, and then forgotten for 16 years, on his first unofficial border crossing".

Don't worry, its a happy ending, they fly you home as a way of saying " sorry about the mixup"

Sent from my TegraNote-P1640 using Cruisers Sailing Forum mobile app
Old 12-04-2015, 04:12   #96

Boat: 38 roberts ketch

Dont forget folks, Everything you read on the internet is true! 9 countries - no probs! Kosher! Gospel! my uncles aunties brother in law did it too...
Old 13-04-2015, 10:46   #97

Boat: Camano Troll

Quote:
Originally Posted by charliehows View Post
Dont forget folks, Everything you read on the internet is true! 9 countries - no probs! Kosher! Gospel! my uncles aunties brother in law did it too...
Yep, you can't put anything on the Internet if it's not true!
Old 01-11-2015, 06:17   #98

Boat: Looking for 30-50' preferable a schooner
Send a message via Skype™ to craigglewis

Quote:
Originally Posted by ontherocks83 View Post
So since he did go through with it i'm guessing the child support and taxes are still an open issue? Must be nice to throw responsibilites out the window and go sailing around the world while I pay my taxes and raise a family.

Good for him
We ALL should be able to travel with out Pass Port. No Boarders. As for Taxes, Maybe big oil, Big Pharm and Big Corps pay for it ALL. Since the take most of our lives for their benefits.

Maybe get a World Citizen Passport http://www.worldservice.org/docpass.html?s=1
Old 01-11-2015, 12:11   #99

Boat: So many boats to choose from. Would prefer something that is not an AWB, and that is beachable...

I actually have travelled through more than 9 countries without a passport....

Sent from my iPad using Cruisers Sailing Forum
Old 01-11-2015, 12:22   #100

Boat: Leopard 40 (new model)

Quote:
Originally Posted by zboss View Post
I bet you could walk from Canada to Chile.
No way. You cannot walk through the Darien gap. Even if the bugs helped you, the FARC would get you.
Old 02-11-2015, 04:23   #101

Boat: Alden auxiliary ketch 48'

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigglewis View Post
We ALL should be able to travel with out Pass Port. No Boarders. As for Taxes, Maybe big oil, Big Pharm and Big Corps pay for it ALL. Since the take most of our lives for their benefits.

Your take on corporations is a common one, and naive beyond compare. What, do you think big Pharma prints money? Dude, they get it from YOU. So, if you want Corporations to pay all the taxes, etc, where do you think they're gonna get it from?

Old 02-11-2015, 06:05   #102

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyoldboatguy View Post
Your take on corporations is... naive beyond compare.
I'd say that you are being extraordinarily kind, putting it that way.
Old 08-11-2015, 16:46   #103

Boat: Wildcat 35, Hobie 33

Quote:

Give that a try and let us know how it works out for you.
Old 08-11-2015, 18:06   #104

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Murray 33-Chouette & Pape Steelmaid-44-Safara-both steel cutters

Like it or not we Americans have a certain fascination with folks who sometimes skirt the law. Looking at many of our movies the hero is often a blemished man. Think of Cagney or Boggie, or Sinatra, or most any.

Jack London, often admired, and rightly so, for his body of work was certainly a "man of the world." Shackleton was a gigolo, H. G. Wells kept a mistress, but these were Upper class Edwardians who apparently were very loose in the modern sense. Edward himself gave out keep sake broach watches to each of his many companions, it is said that at some upper shelf dinners up to a half dozen of the high class ladies would be sporting these medals of honor. Churchills Mother was of this class, (although American) and was chastised for naming Winstons half brother after his true father. Winston himself was born "premature" at 6 months after the wedding. Good thing for at 9-1/2 pounds he would have been a whopper had she gone full term. BTW, his Father, who was on the cusp of becoming Prime Minister, succumbed to a lengthy battle with syphlys, which he eventually lost.

But the one who comes to mind most is Sterling Hayden and his exploits with his children.

If we were to purge scoundrels from history I'm afraid we would have few heroes left.

As to my own unwitting attempts to cross borders illegally....
Once I accidentally drove across the W. Germany to Austia border, and only noticed when I saw a solider with a gun running after me in my rear view mirror.
Another time I was driving through a small town in Luxomburg, down a small street adjoining some farm land, when I got stopped unknowingly at the Swiss border.
Old 08-11-2015, 18:28   #105

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Murray 33-Chouette & Pape Steelmaid-44-Safara-both steel cutters

Quote:

Well Craig me boy, you see here's the problem. Back home we just don't have that many people, well outside of St. John's anyway. A man can pretty well go when and where he wants.

But elsewhere, well there are people EVERYWHERE. You can hadly move for em. And when you got so many, well then you gotta have rules or, or, or well ya never know, they could do most anything!

At home a fellow can do most anything. Take long walks and Barry worry about who's land he's crossing. Go fishing, and not worry about who owns the brook or the pond. Out there it's different. It ain't like home!

(We have a cabin in Plate Cove on Bonavista Bay and, Lord willing, this summer we will be bringing our small boat back to Lewisporte, where she belongs.)

From Issiac Asimov
In response to this question by Bill Moyers: What do you see happening to the idea of dignity to human species if this population growth continues at its present rate?] "

"It's going to destroy it all. I use what I call my bathroom metaphor. If two people live in an apartment, and there are two bathrooms, then both have what I call freedom of the bathroom, go to the bathroom any time you want, and stay as long as you want to for whatever you need. And this to my way is ideal. And everyone believes in the freedom of the bathroom. It should be right there in the Constitution. But if you have 20 people in the apartment and two bathrooms, no matter how much every person believes in freedom of the bathroom, there is no such thing. You have to set up, you have to set up times for each person, you have to bang at the door, aren't you through yet, and so on. And in the same way, democracy cannot survive overpopulation. Human dignity cannot survive it. Convenience and decency cannot survive it. As you put more and more people onto the world, the value of life not only declines, but it disappears. It doesn't matter if someone dies.
Closed Thread