Cruisers Forum

Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 15-11-2015, 20:38   #121

Boat: Island Packet 40
Re: Traveled to 9 countries without a passport

It's more likely that NZ does not want the ratbags back and they get more dole over here.
Old 15-11-2015, 20:41   #122

Boat: Island Packet 40

To the moderator.

"Ratbags" is a bona fide part of the vernacular in Australia and should not be considered too derogatory to appear in Cruiser Forum.
Old 15-11-2015, 21:13   #123

Boat: Fisher pilothouse sloop 32'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sailboatminder View Post
There is no way you could get entry to New Zealand without a passport. You would be deported on the next flight. This guy sounds like a complete idiot and i hope he is in jail now.
Oh yes you can. Been there done that, however my name did appear on the crew gen dec.

Life is 10% the cards you are dealt, 90% how you play em
Old 20-07-2016, 14:48   #124

The saga continues.

My brother in law was staying with me for a few months until he has another job opportunity in Southern California driving for uber.

He was doing well making a few thousands a month. Until he got into an accident and über cut him off.

So he had an offer to crew a few sail boat to Ensenada Mexico for some extra cash. He did that s few times and crossed back into the USA just using his Hawaiian Id and birth certificate.

Then a few months ago he was given a chance to crew to Ecuador and to visit the Galapagos Island. Which he jumped on board.

Long story short. The sailboat got disable and needed some major repairs.

So my brother in law was stuck in Ecuador and only ride back to the states is being repaired.

So he decided to go to rio for the Olympics. As of today he is in rio hustling street food and trying making his way back to the states.

He did visit the US Embassy and they refused to offer him any assistant for traveling back to the states. Cause they still have his record when he was in Hong Kong and got deported.

The us embassy did said if he was to be officially deport from any country, they would have to comply and issue him a 30 day passport to travel back to the states.

So him being in rio Brazil, no one seems to care that he is there illegally. Unless he commits a crime, other than that they careless about him.

So in the next few weeks I have plans on traveling to rio and come visit him and help make a game plan to bring him back to the states.

Any suggestions?
Old 20-07-2016, 21:35   #125

While I strongly suspect this is a made up story...assuming it is true...

Good for the US Embassy. If he does get deported and they are forced to issue him a 30day visa, I hope it comes with a $5k price tag (exempt from bankruptcy laws since it's the govt) and they leave him in the wonderful Brazilian jail for a month or so while they thoroughly verify the authenticity of his claim to be a US Citizen.

Huge difference between your assumption no one cares and they have the resources to track down every illegal alien. That's like saying no one cares if you rob a liquor store if you get away with it.

While I'm not suggesting violence as an answer, I wouldn't be surprised and I'm not going to feel too bad for him if the locals take action to solve the illegal alien problem for the govt. The city has a lot of poverty and if his body shows up with no ID in some favela back alley, odds are they will just bury him and that will be the end of it.

Suggestions: Unless he wants to start following the law, there isn't much you can do without enabling more idiocy. If he's ready to clean up his act, it's time to contact a lawyer specializing in immigration issues.
Old 20-07-2016, 22:26   #126

I'm thinking if he can somehow make his way to Mexico he can fly to Tijuana and cross back into the states by land.

He does a travel passport issued by the embassy in Hong Kong but it was valid only for 30 days.( It's a green passport)

It would. Be so much cheaper if he can fly directly to Tijuana from rio. But it is what it is.

The bright side of all this is that I now have reasons to travel to rio. Never been there especially the Olympics
Old 21-07-2016, 04:58   #127

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mai-tide View Post
Any suggestions?
So let me make sure I have this straight. On a public internet forum, you are asking for help and suggestions on how you can break the law. Right.

Old 21-07-2016, 05:26   #128

Boat: Rhodes Reliant 41ft

Smart fella ,

Y'all filling in background material for the novel he is writing. Betcha !!
Old 21-07-2016, 06:06   #129
Long Range Cruiser

Location: Australian living on "Sea Life" currently in England.
Boat: Beneteau 393 "Sea Life"

Reported this thread to the Mods.

Requests for criminal activity should not be on the forum imho.

Mark

Somalia Pirates and our Convoy
Old 22-07-2016, 02:18   #130
Moderator Emeritus

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Beneteau 473

OK
This thread would appear to sanction some dubious activities, and in view of this, has been closed.
I guess some immigration officials might find the thread interesting in any future investigation they may have to conduct.
Closed Thread