Cruisers Forum

Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-01-2023, 15:30   #151

Re: Weed Smokers on Your Boat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kd9truck View Post
(Actually it does, as well as caffeine and alcohol, and just like cannabis it’s about the dose)
no it doesn't

edit, but if you wanna talk about dose:

The LD50 of sugar is 29,700mg/kg. The LD50 for weed is 30mg/kg.

They aren't even comparable.
Old 05-01-2023, 15:35   #152

Boat: Hunter 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chotu View Post
The big question is, should I have this girl down to the boat for a week?
As long as she’s not being an idiot or creating giant clouds of smoke you’re fine. Be discrete, no issues. No one will even notice. If she just brings a vape any LE would take it off her at most, likely not care at all. When underway I’d just make sure she’s not out of her gourd.

Bringing more than a vape or a few gummies or a few grams would be less advisable but I wouldn’t sweat a small personal amount and do it myself.
Old 05-01-2023, 15:36   #153

Quote:
Originally Posted by boatpoker View Post
It will take you months to get the stench out of your boat.
Nonsense
Old 05-01-2023, 15:45   #154

Boat: 50ft Custom Fast Catamaran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kd9truck View Post
(Actually it does, as well as caffeine and alcohol, and just like cannabis it’s about the dose)

Funny you should mention this. I just overdosed on sugar this afternoon. Ha ha. It was a very rainy and kind of boring passage. I had about 8 Rollo candies and a big chocolate chip cookie. Lol. Not good. Not part of the Mediterranean diet.
Old 05-01-2023, 15:47   #155

Quote:
Originally Posted by MicHughV View Post
Chotu,

There is probably not a person on this forum that hasn't partaken in a toke or two at some period in their life, maybe even three of four tokes....even our country's past prez admitted to having smoked' dope....but ok, he gets a free pass seeing as he never " inhaled"..

If you wanna spend some time with this gal, move up to where she lives and go hang out for a week. This solves two problems at once....no drugs on your boat and some frolicking to boot, without you stepping over the line and endangering your boat, etc

I personally don't buy this "medical need" for dope, call it what it is...an addiction...no different than smoking cigarettes.

Keep us posted as to how this saga unfolds....there is a book here somewhere !!
None of the hallucinogens, including weed,lsd, mushrooms, extacy are addictive
Old 05-01-2023, 15:49   #156

Quote:
Originally Posted by flightlead404 View Post
None of the hallucinogens, including weed,lsd, mushrooms, extacy are addictive
that's false
Old 05-01-2023, 15:53   #157

Boat: Bristol 27

Quote:
The big question is, should I have this girl down to the boat for a week?
Where have you been isolated all these years?

You ask a bunch of old cruisers if you should bring a girl to your boat that enjoys marijuana!?

Sounds like you are almost totally disconnected with the rest of the world
Old 05-01-2023, 15:56   #158

Boat: Bristol 27

Quote:
Funny you should mention this. I just overdosed on sugar this afternoon. Ha ha. It was a very rainy and kind of boring passage. I had about 8 Rollo candies and a big chocolate chip cookie. Lol. Not good. Not part of the Mediterranean diet.
The marijuana would have been much better for you.

Maybe ask your girlfriend to leave some for you.

Be careful though because sometime types make you ...ah "stand straight up!!"
Old 05-01-2023, 17:28   #159

Addiction is an observable physiological change, not just dependency. Also, for the “I have a friend” crowd, anecdotal evidence is not evidence.

As far as use by pilots, there are fewer than 300 odd pilots in the world that have my level of qualification. I got paid to fly low level aerobatics, in formation, at night. I flew on the on the worlds largest formation aerobatic air show team. I have enjoyed pot for decades without issue, only an idiot impairs themselves while flying though.
Old 05-01-2023, 17:34   #160

Quote:
Originally Posted by off-piste View Post
that's false
Wrong
Old 05-01-2023, 17:35   #161

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomm225 View Post
Where have you been isolated all these years?

You ask a bunch of old cruisers if you should bring a girl to your boat that enjoys marijuana!?

Sounds like you are almost totally disconnected with the rest of the world
I don’t get it. I don’t even remember that post you are quoting. Where is that from? How many pages back?

The result was definitely not what I expected. A lot of joking. And most people said I should just go ahead with it. Is that what you’re saying? I’m not sure what you are saying here.
Old 05-01-2023, 17:39   #162

Quote:
Addiction is an observable physiological change, not just dependency. Also, for the “I have a friend” crowd, anecdotal evidence is not evidence.

As far as use by pilots, there are fewer than 300 odd pilots in the world that have my level of qualification. I got paid to fly low level aerobatics, in formation, at night. I flew on the on the worlds largest formation aerobatic air show team. I have enjoyed pot for decades without issue, only an idiot impairs themselves while flying though.
Holy crap. That is some pretty crazy flight qualifications. Wow. That’s really cool stuff.
Old 05-01-2023, 17:55   #163

Quote:
Originally Posted by rslifkin View Post
I'm with Boatman on this one. Some drugs are significantly addictive and have corresponding withdrawal effects (caffeine, nicotine, alcohol, etc.). Others are generally not (including weed). I can't say it's impossible to end up addicted to it given enough use, but it's certainly not on the same level as many other common addictive substances.

That said, some people do have an addictive personality and can get addicted to practically anything that makes them feel good enough. Some people get addicted to running or working out, for example. And others have a strong enough constitution that they can play around with the most addictive of substances and just walk away whenever they want (provided they're not in deep enough to worry about serious withdrawal symptoms).

Like many things, it's about quantity. Being high all the time or adopting the lifestyle of a stoner is never going to go well. But in moderation, it's a whole different story. Plus, everyone's brain is wired differently. Much like how some people end up needing antidepressants to be functional, or how strong uppers like Adderall have a different effect on those with ADHD vs someone who doesn't.
Dependence and addiction are entirely different things. Addiction is a property of the substance, dependence is a property of the users. One does not imply the other although to an unknowing observer they may appear the same.
Old 05-01-2023, 18:10   #164
cruiser

Quote:

Why would anyone ;do; low level aerobatics at night when no one can see them? just curious. So you were 'impaired" by pot when not flying? How long does it take for pilots to get unimpaired before flying again?.jus curious
Old 05-01-2023, 18:14   #165

Boat: Landfall 39 - Ron Amy

Quote:
Dependence and addiction are entirely different things. Addiction is a property of the substance, dependence is a property of the users. One does not imply the other although to an unknowing observer they may appear the same.
Well said
Closed Thread

Tags
boat