Cruisers Forum

Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-01-2023, 08:10   #181

Boat: Morgan 323
Re: Weed Smokers on Your Boat

Quote:
Originally Posted by boatman61 View Post
Damn.. you Yanks claim everything...
She was actually the RMS Titanic and owned by the White Star Line and British registered, built by Harland and Wolf in Belfast.
To Biden that likely makes it as American as he is Irish..
J P Morgan owned shares in the W. S. L so I guess that's the somewhat tenuous claim to USS Titanic.

I guess Jamie and Chris weren't up on accurate marine history when they wrote that song. I was about 5 I think, but I hadn't heard it until about 20 years ago when a friend that liked to take a few turns around the wheel house played it for me.
Old 06-01-2023, 08:30   #182

Boat: Storfidra 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammer View Post
The main area of concern is her stashing a bag of marijuana in some hidden location on the boat and forgetting it's there. If it is subsequently found when you're crossing a border you'll have a problem. Whether it's a "don't do that again" sort of problem or a Brittney Griner sort of a problem depends on which border you cross, and on luck.

Closely related, people who smoke tend to drop marijuana seeds since they aren't smokable and are usually present. They are distinctive and all customs agents know what they look like, and they will treat them the same way as finding a small amount of vegetative marijuana.

U.S. and Canada customs still treat it as a very big deal.

So, as a boat owner and skipper, there is always a risk if you allow it on board.

If you choose to allow it, my advice would be to insist that she roll up her smokes before coming aboard and bring only ready-to-smoke joints. If she complies (i.e. if you trust her) then that would minimize the likelihood of problems later.

“Seeds”……I don’t smoke weed, but I don’t think there has been seeds in pot for a long, long time. This thread is a hoot! Lots of good people are pot smokers. Bring her on down and have some fun!
Old 06-01-2023, 08:41   #183
Marine Service Provider

Boat: Beneteau 432, C&C Landfall 42, Roberts Offshore 38

The Titanic build history is quite interesting..a lot of skulduggery, etc...it's a regular "whodunnit" case..

Some many years ago now, I had an opportunity to get aboard the ship that found the Titanic..I was given the grand tour.....veddy, veddy interesting, to say the least....
Old 06-01-2023, 09:38   #184

Location: La Ciudad de la Misión Didacus de Alcalá en Alta California, Virreinato de Nueva España
Boat: Cal 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeanathon View Post
….
What does her attractiveness have to do with it?

It explains why he is even considering this.
Old 06-01-2023, 09:45   #185

Location: La Ciudad de la Misión Didacus de Alcalá en Alta California, Virreinato de Nueva España

If the boat remains on inland waters while she is aboard the USCG would be out of jurisdiction.
That just leaves detritus to worry about. Have the joint in a ZipLoc or Tupperware and insist she only opens that and smokes on deck. That way all droppings can be washed away immediately.
Old 06-01-2023, 10:03   #186

Boat: Catalina Morgan 381

There is much discussion not germane to the topic at hand, and most that miss the big picture. The question you have to ask yourself is: are you willing to lose your boat over this?

Marijuana is still illegal federally and while it may be unlikely the USCG will confiscate your boat if they find anything, they might. I can't find it now, but I recall reading a post here about a boat being confiscated after the USCG found a roach in the garbage. That is really the only risk/benefit equation you should think about.

I keep my boat in a state where recreational use is legal, and I may or may not have hit a blunt a few times myself, but I do not allow it on my boat for just that reason. I've done my own risk/benefit analysis and the risks outweigh the benefits in my situation. Your mileage may vary.
Old 06-01-2023, 11:17   #187

Boat: Bruce Bingham Christina 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adelie View Post
If the boat remains on inland waters while she is aboard the USCG would be out of jurisdiction.

Actually that maybe ok for Fl. small inland lakes w/no rivers/connecting waters to the ocean, it isn't 100% true as a blanket statement. The USCG does operate and has enforcement authority in all of the Great Lakes, which I consider inland waters.
Old 06-01-2023, 11:25   #188

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill O View Post
Actually that maybe ok for Fl. small inland lakes w/no rivers/connecting waters to the ocean, it isn't 100% true as a blanket statement. The USCG does operate and has enforcement authority in all of the Great Lakes, which I consider inland waters.
I use Inland in the legal sense, in the US there are demarcation lines on most charts showing where international waters end and inland begins.

Yes the USCG covers the Great Lakes and western rivers and various canals. Most inland waters are local jurisdiction except for pollution events.

Go up stream on the rivers in FL and Chotu will cross into Inland waters at some point. Depending on the particular river he probably will be in local jurisdiction. Some dead end canals in FL may be local jurisdiction.

Whether his boat can get far enough up river to be cross a line is another question he can research.
Old 06-01-2023, 11:31   #189
Marine Service Provider

Boat: Beneteau 432, C&C Landfall 42, Roberts Offshore 38

Yep, in Florida I got pulled over by the USCG while travelling on the ICW.....they were doing random boat inspections to check for lifevests, flares and so on...but I suspect they were looking for drunk drivers and other possible narcotics..

First question....as always..." are there weapons on the boat".....

They don't ask for your permission...they just pull alongside and jump on....kinda hard to argue with a half dozen armed men...but as usual, they were quite polite...

I love the coasties, I think they are a remarkable group of men and women doing a great job...
Old 06-01-2023, 14:06   #190

Boat: 2010 Jeanneau SO 44i

Quote:
Originally Posted by off-piste View Post
no it doesn't

edit, but if you wanna talk about dose:

The LD50 of sugar is 29,700mg/kg. The LD50 for weed is 30mg/kg.

They aren't even comparable.

as defined by the Canadian government:

LD stands for "Lethal Dose". LD50 is the amount of a material, given all at once, which causes the death of 50% (one half) of a group of test animals. The LD50 is one way to measure the short-term poisoning potential (acute toxicity) of a material.…

https://druglibrary.org/schaffer/lib...j_overdose.htm

7. Drugs used in medicine are routinely given what is called
an LD-50. The LD-50 rating indicates at what dosage fifty percent of
test animals receiving a drug will die as a result of drug induced
toxicity. A number of researchers have attempted to determine
marijuana's LD-50 rating in test animals, without success. Simply
stated, researchers have been unable to give animals enough marijuana to
induce death

Your numbers are BS mate.
Don’t speak to things you don’t know about
You may be reading propaganda
The laws against Cannabis are rooted in racism

THC is the active ingredient, this is the “dose” you should be focused on and yet no single person has ever overdosed to death.
It should be noted
You can drink your self to death, many do every year.
As for Sugar ask the American diabetes foundation about sugar deaths.

Do you want me to find data for you on Caffeine addiction ?

Not a jerk just dispelling lies

Cheers
Old 06-01-2023, 14:27   #191

Boat: 50ft Custom Fast Catamaran

That is correct. There is no known lethal dose for THC.

You would certainly think you are dying if you had enough. But that would all be in your head.
Old 06-01-2023, 14:35   #192

Boat: Chris Craft 381 Catalina

And in the context of smoking it, you'll reach the point where you're incapable of consuming more long before there are any acute toxic effects.
Old 06-01-2023, 14:37   #193

Boat: 50ft Custom Fast Catamaran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rslifkin View Post
And in the context of smoking it, you'll reach the point where you're incapable of consuming more long before there are any acute toxic effects.

That’s right. You can see it with the kids these days and their ultra concentrated stuff.

Dabs.

I have definitely seen some younger people get dabbed out. And that’s it. They are down for the count. No more intake.
Old 06-01-2023, 16:30   #194

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chotu View Post
That is correct. There is no known lethal dose for THC.

You would certainly think you are dying if you had enough. But that would all be in your head.
Chotu, MD
Old 06-01-2023, 16:59   #195

Your attracted to this woman.
You get on well and have fun together.
You are fully aware of her medical issues, treatment and appear supportive.
You invited her to spend a week on your boat.
She is extremely excited at the offer.
You query on a public forum looking for justification to rescind the offer.

Grow some balls Chotu, it's just a bit of weed. Seems your principles change based on the circumstances.

No one has spoken about how the woman feels.
You will absolutely gut this woman if you renege now.
Closed Thread

Tags
boat