Cruisers Forum

Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-01-2023, 06:46   #16

Re: Weed Smokers on Your Boat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chotu View Post
There will be no smoking inside. The only place she can smoke will be on the swim steps.
REALLY stupid idea! The local authorities in Florida generally look the other way when it comes to small quantities of marijuana for recreational use (the feds do not!). Public use -- where others will see and smell -- is a whole different matter. They will definitely NOT look the other way!

You know what the risks are, so it is your choice, but if it ends badly for you, then don't come back here whining about it. You have been warned.
Old 04-01-2023, 06:52   #17
Senior Cruiser

Community Sponsor
Cruisers Forum Supporter

pirate Re: Weed Smokers on Your Boat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chotu View Post
That’s correct. Like many people I know in life, she is self-medicating. With weed. It’s very common in these days.

I’m definitely not giving her anything. Whatever she has she would be bringing on her own.

it would just be around in the United States. Not going to any other countries. Not even crossing any state lines. Internationally, , I definitely would not allow anything like that on the boat.

Attractiveness has to do with me telling the story. I am very excited for her to be coming down because she’s very attractive and we are going to have a lot of fun together. That’s a pretty good time. So that’s what has me weighing out the weed issue.

If it wasn’t for her level of attractiveness and all the fun that we will have together, I would definitely not allow anyone with weed on my boat ever. Ever. I am making a special exception for her I think. Maybe. Depending on the outcome of the thread.
Please send me a link to your upcoming T&A YouTube channel..

You can't oppress a people for over 75 years and have them say.. "I Love You.. ".
"It is better to die standing proud, than to live a lifetime on ones knees.."
Self defence is not an excuse for murder.
Old 04-01-2023, 07:09   #18

Boat: 50ft Custom Fast Catamaran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allied39 View Post
Oh man, what a missed opportunity.....all that work that you whinned about not getting done....you could have just had her go in talk to them....job done in a week.

I mean in your world why would they complete a job for some (dont want to get the sensors angry so I'll say) "old guy" .....bugger that....but some sexy chick...well thats another story.

You dont mention her ethnicity.....does that not enter into it?
Man! Do you know what? You are right. I could have saved a lot of time and money if I put her to the task of getting some work done by these vendors.

Too bad I didn’t think of that before. Hindsight 2020.

I’m not sure it matters. Does my ethnicity or yours matter? Do you even know what mine is?
Old 04-01-2023, 07:10   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by boatman61 View Post
Please send me a link to your upcoming T&A YouTube channel..
Ha ha ha ha!!!

Private stash my friend. private stash. Lol
Old 04-01-2023, 08:21   #20

Boat: 39' Custom built junk rigged cat ketch

Chotu, could she use edibles instead?
Then there's no smoke, seeds, residue, etc. Still illegal of course, but maybe less triggering for LEOs, looks more like medicine.
Old 04-01-2023, 08:25   #21

Boat: Watkins 27
Send a message via Yahoo to deltaten

Weed? No weed?
Moot point!
Sounds like she's a basket case. RUN! IMHO, it doesn't matter how hawt or willing she is; a nutter is a nutter. Get shed of her, Pronto!

Your vessel. You're responsible for all aboard and whatever happens. Can you do your duties while being distracted by even contemplating possible antics, imagined or real? A distracted captain is a dangerous captain.

Best of luck to ya
Old 04-01-2023, 08:38   #22
Marine Service Provider

Boat: Beneteau 432, C&C Landfall 42, Roberts Offshore 38

Chotu,

You come up with some doozies, that even you must admit, stretch the limit of imagination.

This would ring alarm bells for me from every angle.

If you seriously think that there is a way forward with this chick, you are mistaken.

Don't do it, buddy, don't do it.....simple enuff !!!
Old 04-01-2023, 08:50   #23
Senior Cruiser

Community Sponsor
Cruisers Forum Supporter

pirate Re: Weed Smokers on Your Boat

Chotu.. contrary to some others I would say "Welcome aboard lass".. her looks don't come into it, if you enjoy her company that's all that really matters.. the surface is just a bonus, and as for smoking weed.. my experience in the States has been tons of folk do it, not all admit it till you really are trusted.
Get her to bake some cookies for you so you can truly 'travel' together..

You can't oppress a people for over 75 years and have them say.. "I Love You.. ".
"It is better to die standing proud, than to live a lifetime on ones knees.."
Self defence is not an excuse for murder.
Old 04-01-2023, 09:20   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by boatman61 View Post
Chotu.. contrary to some others I would say "Welcome aboard lass".. her looks don't come into it, if you enjoy her company that's all that really matters.. the surface is just a bonus, and as for smoking weed.. my experience in the States has been tons of folk do it, not all admit it till you really are trusted.
Get her to bake some cookies for you so you can truly 'travel' together..
Ha ha ha ha ha! You’re killing me. That’s hilarious.
Old 04-01-2023, 09:21   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by deltaten View Post
Weed? No weed?
Moot point!
Sounds like she's a basket case. RUN! IMHO, it doesn't matter how hawt or willing she is; a nutter is a nutter. Get shed of her, Pronto!

Your vessel. You're responsible for all aboard and whatever happens. Can you do your duties while being distracted by even contemplating possible antics, imagined or real? A distracted captain is a dangerous captain.

Best of luck to ya
Yes. I am no longer taking applications from people with mental health problems. I’ve been there and done that way too many times.

Also, I am not trying to get into a relationship in case you missed the first post. This is just a week of fun.
Old 04-01-2023, 09:21   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by MicHughV View Post
Chotu,

You come up with some doozies, that even you must admit, stretch the limit of imagination.

This would ring alarm bells for me from every angle.

If you seriously think that there is a way forward with this chick, you are mistaken.

Don't do it, buddy, don't do it.....simple enuff !!!
There is no way forward. There is no desire to move forward. Just trying to have a week of fun after a lot of boat work.

And yes. I definitely have some doozies. Ha ha ha
Old 04-01-2023, 09:24   #27

I nearly forgot to respond to jammer.

I am in full agreement with that. I would not allow any inside the boat whatsoever. She would have to store her little stash outside somewhere. I don’t want a seed in the bilge. I don’t want any kind of anything in here.

All dealing with that stuff would be an outdoor thing on deck. And obviously not around any populated areas either.

There would be some pretty severe restrictions if I did allow this.

I also have the capability to jettison it very discreetly and have it sink. That will be another requirement. It has to be able to be jettisoned and no hard feelings. Lol

I’m not entirely sure about the edibles. The people I know that do smoke a lot, they don’t seem to get much out of those. Like, their tolerance is extremely high so they don’t really get much out of edibles. I don’t know. That’s just what I hear. I don’t know anything about it.
Old 04-01-2023, 09:53   #28

Don't kick her out of bed for eating crackers either.
Old 04-01-2023, 09:54   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by swisel View Post
Don't kick her out of bed for eating crackers either.

Woosh!! That’s the sound of that going right over my head.
Old 04-01-2023, 10:02   #30

Boat: O'Day 34

Our boat is at a modern marina in Southeast Florida where about 90% of the people smoke pot. Even though I have nothing against it, I abstain because it puts me to sleep and totally destroys my productivity. On my dock, there's a park ranger who daily passes numerous smoky boats, very strong smoke, and it's not wood smoke. Customs and Border Patrol keeps one of their fast pursuit boats directly across from me; they are always coming and going at all hours of the day and night where they can't help but notice the strong odor of good pot; and they totally ignore it.
So..I don't think you'll have a problem unless your friend flips out and causes a commotion. You'll have to judge for yourself it she's worth it. Personally, there's a lot of boat loving gals out there who are not nut cases.
Closed Thread

Tags
boat