Cruisers Forum

Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-01-2023, 10:07   #31

Re: Weed Smokers on Your Boat

You’re in Florida
Man, half the state uses THC & CBD
The biggest users I know are the MAGA crowd
Get her some Gummies and Chill
I’ve said for many years that the only reason
it’s not legal and prescribed for every ailment
known to humans is that
Big Pharma has no patents on it
Would you feel the same if she showed up
with a truckload of legally prescribed
anti-depressants and opioids?

Cheers & Chill
Neil
PS: Not a user
Old 04-01-2023, 10:16   #32

Boat: C-26

This is an amusing post, for sure. First, all these folks talking about seeds. I have not seen a pot seed in over 15 years. Stop buying ragweed! And second, I have been on the ocean running deliveries and captaining charters all over the world since the mid-70s. In all that time, I have met very few sailors who did not smoke. On my boats, the crew is only allowed to partake at the start of their downtime, never while on duty, knowing full well that the high will be worn off in an hour.
Old 04-01-2023, 10:26   #33

Boat: Custom 38' Crabber

Let's get to the crux of the matter. Don't dock your boat in crazy.
Old 04-01-2023, 10:35   #34

The 1950's called.....they want their archaic 'Refer Madness' propaganda back.
Old 04-01-2023, 10:37   #35

Boat: CS27, C&C25 half a lifetime ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by swisel View Post
Don't kick her out of bed for eating crackers either.
What else but would she be doing there?

The general principle, which most men tend to forget, is ; When the blood rushes in below the belt, leave some to operate the brain.

Does she find you attractive or does she need to get stoned first?

It would not be chivalrous to take advantage of someone who is under the influence...
Old 04-01-2023, 10:46   #36
Senior Cruiser

Community Sponsor
Cruisers Forum Supporter

pirate Re: Weed Smokers on Your Boat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lionshooter View Post
This is an amusing post, for sure. First, all these folks talking about seeds. I have not seen a pot seed in over 15 years. Stop buying ragweed! And second, I have been on the ocean running deliveries and captaining charters all over the world since the mid-70s. In all that time, I have met very few sailors who did not smoke. On my boats, the crew is only allowed to partake at the start of their downtime, never while on duty, knowing full well that the high will be worn off in an hour.
Yeah... gone are the days when your £5 Thai stick would give you a giggly high and at least half a dozen good seeds for home grown.. these days if you do find one it's likely sterile, mail order from Amsterdam is the only way now.

You can't oppress a people for over 75 years and have them say.. "I Love You.. ".
"It is better to die standing proud, than to live a lifetime on ones knees.."
Self defence is not an excuse for murder.
Old 04-01-2023, 11:02   #37

Oh boy... bringing the "attractiveness" into it changes the whole perspective on the topic...
From the wording of your posts, it is fairly clear to infer that if she were a dork you would not have any problem to say no to her, but since she is hot, a little "inconvenience" is probably fine...
This is not a discussion about principles or legality, let's not pretend to bring those in...; this is simply a discussion of how much "inconvenience" is "worth" to have the opportunity of spending a week on a boat with a hot chick...
I always enjoy reading your posts, as they are very often creative and informative, but you lost me on this one...
Old 04-01-2023, 11:13   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allied39 View Post
And this is why I keep looking at this forum. Too funny.
So seriously? The question is " this HOT messed up drug addict wants to come hang out,it will be good for her and she will enjoy it, should I Let her?....by the way I would definitely say no if she was fugly"

I am seriously not woke,,,call it dead straight every time....but thats really a poor attitude. Your decision is based purely on her appearance....don't deny it...you stated it.

Wow....this gonna be funny!!!
Well not funny but agree on the other sentiments.

REALITY CHECK:

Determine your and her REAL motivations.

Attractiveness is only skin deep, whereas messed up mind that can only be controlled by psychoactive, intoxicating, (mind-altering) chemical in marijuana goes to the foundation of who the person is that you will be engaging with. If she is doped up, she is not her REAL self, she is a drugged alteration of herself. Are you REALLY, REALLY, REALLY desiring to hang out with someone whose mind is intoxicated? [Can't imagine that ever being associated with any sort of attractiveness, other than bodily.]

Let's be straight. Marijuana does impair judgment, motor coordination, and reaction time, and studies have found a direct relationship between blood THC concentration and impaired ability to operate equipment, e.g., driving / navigating.

Marijuana is the illicit drug most frequently found in the blood of drivers who have been involved in vehicle crashes, including fatal ones. Two large European studies found that drivers with THC in their blood were roughly twice as likely to be culpable for a fatal crash than drivers who had not used drugs or alcohol. However, the role played by marijuana in crashes is often unclear because it can be detected in body fluids for days or even weeks after intoxication and because people frequently combine it with alcohol. Those involved in vehicle crashes with THC in their blood, particularly higher levels, are three to seven times more likely to be responsible for the incident than drivers who had not used drugs or alcohol. The risk associated with marijuana in combination with alcohol appears to be greater than that for either drug by itself.

"You are known by the company you keep." Is she the type of person you wish to be know to keep company with?

The reality is she needs to learn how to deal with her issues without psychoactive drug influences and no longer living her life in a cannabinoid induced fog.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	hes-right-you-know.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	66.3 KB
ID:	269545  
Old 04-01-2023, 11:21   #39

Chotu, your proposed precautions, e.g., keeping the substance above-deck, consumed only at the stern, and in a weighted container for instant jettison, sound reasonable to me.

Only you can decide if this person is otherwise stable enough, allowed her coping substance, not to cause other problems relating to her safety, the impact on others others you will be around, or your yacht's soundness & safety. There are some people I know whom I will not invite onto my yacht. Don't let your compassion, or whatever is motivating you, scramble your risk meter— beauty is an epicurean pleasure, so maybe I understand why you mentioned it, but I wouldn't enter a museum to experience that pleasure if there were a significant chance the building might collapse at any moment.

Fair Winds
Old 04-01-2023, 11:42   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chotu View Post
...What do you guys think? Realistically?

She is really excited about coming. She’s daydreaming about it...

If I tell her she can’t come because of the weed, it will crush her...
Ask and so ye shall receive.

Realistically, if her life had someone in it that cared more for her future as a person than her genitals she'd be better off Chotu. I suggest staying away from all women unless a responsible man with integrity is chaperoning, or, in the alternative, the woman herself must be of sound mind, free of drugs, so as to adequately judge the worth of spending time in the type of environment you are currently capable of providing.

It should not cause her concern that you express to her your willingness to be a trusted non-skin friend as she attempts to stabilize her life. If such an offer bothers her, she will go away knowing that your offer stands, if you are sincere. That offer, in and of itself, demonstrates to her that she has value beyond that which as no doubt been exploited too many times.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5BTM
It would not be chivalrous to take advantage of someone who is under the influence...
Here here.

Old 04-01-2023, 11:53   #41

Boat: Island Packet 40

Hell if she's that hot just have your week with her and buy another boat (why is it you young blokes have such a problem with your priorities)
Old 04-01-2023, 12:01   #42

Boat: Landfall 39 - Ron Amy

Dear oh dear. Strange times.

Life is short. Go sailing with the pretty stoner girl and have a nice time together.
THC comes in many forms these days, not just smoke.
Someone around here has to have some fun in life, since apparently most have completely forgotten how…
Old 04-01-2023, 12:19   #43

Boat: 45f5

Big head says "no", little head says "Hold my beer". Atleast you freely admit it. Awesome. Have a great time.
Old 04-01-2023, 12:20   #44

Boat: Beneteau Oceanis 46

Attractive but leaves a smell of dope. Well, Biocide Systems Marine Shocker will completely eliminate any chemical or organic odor including marijuana and cigarettes. Use two units on a 40+ foot boat: open cabinets, tilt up cushions, just open container, add a cap full of water, leave the boat for a few hours, or overnight; when you open boat there will be a faint smell of chlorine and the odor will be gone. Not covered up. Gone. Open the hatches and ports and the faint spell of chlorine will also be gone. We had a windless burn up and fill the boat with a noxious burnt electrical wiring smell. One treatment of Marine Shocker got that smell out.
Old 04-01-2023, 12:40   #45

Boat: 50ft Custom Fast Catamaran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaymondR View Post
Hell if she's that hot just have your week with her and buy another boat (why is it you young blokes have such a problem with your priorities)
Ha ha ha ha ha!!! That’s a good one.
Closed Thread

Tags
boat