Cruisers Forum

Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-01-2023, 14:17   #61
Senior Cruiser

Community Sponsor
Cruisers Forum Supporter

pirate Re: Weed Smokers on Your Boat

Re all the folks saying its addictive... BOLLOCKS.!!!
I've toked on and off since the 60's and am not an addict.. there's no withdrawal symptoms if one stops either..
Last toke was 2017 when I splurged for a few months then quit when deliveries started again in Spring 2018.
Felt I deserved a Christmas present..
As for Chotu using and abusing the young lady.. depends on one's perspective.. maybe he's the one being used and abused.. Just doesn't know it.
Few men do..

You can't beat a people up for 75 years and have them say.. "I Love You.. ".
"It is better to die standing proud, than to live a lifetime on ones knees.."

The Politician Never Bites the Hand that Feeds him the 30 piece's of Silver..
Old 04-01-2023, 14:23   #62
cruiser

Re: Weed Smokers on Your Boat

..of course its not addictive, it just that people need it continuously or they will turn to heroin or anything else that keeps the m BUZZED. Its called "having a JONES".
Old 04-01-2023, 14:24   #63

Boat: Beneteau Oceanis 38.1

One thing I enjoy is Chotu, reads our posts and comments back.

Good luck!

And you know “have fun”

Sam
Old 04-01-2023, 14:24   #64
cruiser

Theres a sign on Florida billboards from the FL state police. "Buzzed driving" is drunk driving and you will be arrested.
Old 04-01-2023, 14:30   #65
Marine Service Provider

Boat: Benford 38 Fantail Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by boatman61 View Post
Bollocks !!! just because you are not addicted means nothing. I have family members who are seriously addicted to that stuff.
Not everyone who drinks becomes an alcoholic.

PS.
I have experience with serious family addictions of other substances too. Experience in the matter that I wish I didn't have.

PSS. None of them admit they are addicted either.
Old 04-01-2023, 14:47   #66
Senior Cruiser

Community Sponsor
Cruisers Forum Supporter

pirate Re: Weed Smokers on Your Boat

Quote:
Originally Posted by geoleo View Post
..of course its not addictive, it just that people need it continuously or they will turn to heroin or anything else that keeps the m BUZZED. Its called "having a JONES".
That's personal weaknesses and psycological insecurities, nothing to do with the weed.
Its called Addictive Personality Disorder..
Usually acquired from a defective childhood in one form or other.
It comes in many forms, food, alcohol, sex, drugs, etc..
Its been my morning cough start and top up through the day yet I have never felt the need for heroin once..
Have tried cocaine, mushrooms, lsd in the past.. just once for each and never again.. did not like the loss of control.
Finding myself staring at my shadow on the wall for two hours or bursting into tears seeing a butterfly at sunrise are not my thing., anymore than the invincible feeling doing 130mph on a 750cc m/c down a country road believing I could go straight through an artic on a coke high.

You can't beat a people up for 75 years and have them say.. "I Love You.. ".
"It is better to die standing proud, than to live a lifetime on ones knees.."

The Politician Never Bites the Hand that Feeds him the 30 piece's of Silver..
Old 04-01-2023, 14:51   #67

You know....I apologize. I did not answer your actual question.

I stand by every word I have said and while I do not applaud your thought process......you did however ask the question;

'Should I have this woman aboard for a week?"

Yes!! it sounds as though it would be great for her, it sounds as though you have considered many of the issues and in all likelihood nobody will give you any hassle for having a stoner aboard.

Being stoned is good...should be legal....and alcahol causes so much damage so why not another source for more damage? Thats the modern message.

How often are you boarded...weekly?....monthly?.....right...very rarely!

So you have my vote....YES!!!! I see no negative...only possible positives. Good luck to you....and her.
Old 04-01-2023, 14:58   #68

Boat: Milkraft 60 ex trawler

Pictures or it didn't happen
Old 04-01-2023, 14:59   #69
rbk

Boat: T37

Quote:
Originally Posted by boatpoker View Post
Bollocks !!! just because you are not addicted means nothing. I have family members who are seriously addicted to that stuff.

PS.
I have experience with serious family addictions of other substances too. Experience in the matter that I wish I didn't have.

Agree and disagree. In my experience its not the drug its the person. Additive people are addicts and will generally take what's easiest and or convenient. I've seen people go full on acholic to complete stoner or from homeless doing street drugs to becoming complete gym rat body builders working out 6 hours a day, they simply traded one addiction for another be it illicit drugs, masturbation/sex, exercise, work, coffee, boats... Some are certainly more destructive (especially boats ) than others but no matter what additive personalities will generally find something.

There are also many levels of 'addiction' and or recreational drug use as some don't seem to be able to differentiate between the two. I know some people who spend thousands a month (mostly indica strains) and are the 'useless stoners' most are referring too, love the 'couch lock' and munchies. Others I know will smoke a pea sized bud while reminiscing of the aromas and bouquet like they were having a glass of scotch, are highly intellectual (generally into sativa's) and the weed helps slow their thought process down allowing them more calmly and effectively interact with others. These same two types of users can be applied to alcohol; not sure which type Chotu is dealing with but fairly certain he wouldn't have a useless puking, fighting mess of a drunkard on board either.
Old 04-01-2023, 15:22   #70

Since I have dated the majority of single women over 55 in the state florida ,thru the ease of dating internet sites , I can say I am suprised at the number of 420 excepting ladies . They seemed to all deny any addiction but are none the less insistent on their evening pot ritual . I don't ever hear of any negative interactions with the cops anymore , unless the pot is tied to another ilegal event.
Old 04-01-2023, 15:22   #71

Boat: Antigua 44

Chotu - if she is flying I believe the airports are under federal law, so edibles might be a less risky way to go. As for their effectiveness, I read somewhere she can double the dosage until she finds her happy place.

This thread has been a fascinating insight in to fellow sailors minds and mindsets!
Old 04-01-2023, 15:33   #72

Boat: 50ft Custom Fast Catamaran

Quote:
Originally Posted by myketch42 View Post
Since I have dated the majority of single women over 55 in the state florida ,thru the ease of dating internet sites , I can say I am suprised at the number of 420 excepting ladies . They seemed to all deny any addiction but are none the less insistent on their evening pot ritual . I don't ever hear of any negative interactions with the cops anymore , unless the pot is tied to another ilegal event.

You and me both. That’s all I see. And it’s in all of the generations. I don’t know much about the 55 ones, but the younger ones? Everybody’s high.

It truly replaced alcohol in the younger generations. They don’t even drink. They just smoke.
Old 04-01-2023, 15:35   #73

Boat: Morgan 382

Quote:
Originally Posted by boatman61 View Post
I've toked on and off since the 60's and am not an addict.. there's no withdrawal symptoms if one stops either..
Last toke was 2017 when I splurged for a few months then quit when deliveries started again in Spring 2018.
Felt I deserved a Christmas present..
As for Chotu using and abusing the young lady.. depends on one's perspective.. maybe he's the one being used and abused.. Just doesn't know it.
Few men do..
I have half a dozen (now ex)friends that with no uncertain terms are addicted. I lived with them; I know. If they are not high on weed, they get the shakes, get angry and violent, and paranoid. They wake up in the middle of the night and need to smoke and get high to fall asleep again. Those are physical withdrawal symptoms. They are unable to keep a job because they miss so much work, or because they get fired for being high at work. Their life is a miserable train wreck, and I had to distance myself from it.

I have other friends that are in marijuana anonymous, the 12 step program for marijuana addicts. Try telling them that it is not addictive.

I also have friends that are not addicted. My brother used meth for a stint in high-school and did not become addicted. He smoked a whole lot of weed and never became addicted, and ultimately quit for work. That does not mean the drugs are not addictive.

There are some really important uses for marijuana. I knew a girl with brain cancer, and her surgeon prescribed it for her. I question the validity of most "medical" cards, but that sure was legit. And, just like some people can drink a bit of alcohol and not become an alcoholic, the same is true of weed.

Just because all the anti-weed propaganda of the past was BS, doesn't mean that it is a harmless habit or cure-all. It doesn't mean all of the sudden that it is safe. It is an addictive drug with side effects.
Old 04-01-2023, 15:36   #74
cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by boatpoker View Post

PS.

My father- a lifelong alcoholic--always claimed he wasnt an alcoholic because he only drank beer.
Old 04-01-2023, 15:36   #75
Marine Service Provider

Boat: Beneteau 432, C&C Landfall 42, Roberts Offshore 38

Some years ago, I found myself in Copenhagen, Denmark.

There, I learned, is an old military barracks, known as:

Freetown Christiania, the drug town.

Like any good long haired hippy, I had to go give this place a looksee. Once inside the base, I quickly discovered streets that had row after row after row of tables, displaying every possible narcotic known to man.

Some of the barracks had been converted into bars. The inside of these places was thick with dope and hashish smoke, and who knows what else, coming from every corner of the building. It wasn't necessary to purchase any drug, just inhaling the air was enuff to get you stoned.

Around the bar, on seats, laying on the floor were various and sundry addicts stoned to the gills, comatose and senseless on the floor.

I had never seen anything like it before, even Amsterdam, known for it's liberal dope stance, was nothing by comparison.

I was told by a local Dane, that this place existed to keep the drug addicts and all the drugs, all more or less confined to one spot.

It was an experience that left an indelible mark on me.
Closed Thread

Tags
boat