Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 17-03-2018, 13:14   #16

Boat: Wildcat 35, Hobie 33
Re: Yacht in Transit, Panama imports.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul L View Post
The Panama City Cruisers Guide lists a number of customs/frieght brokers under mail/frieght section. It also includes this warning
Also the mailbox type services dont typically handle YIT paperwork.

I use AirBox Express here in Panama. Excellent service. They offer both air freight and ocean freight, but dont handle YIT. The air service is great for small, light weight, inexpensive items (any order valued under $100 comes in duty free), but expensive for bulky/heavy items. Ocean freight is much less expensive for heavy/bulky items.
belizesailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-2018, 13:28   #17

Boat: Kanter 52' cutter

Did you get your engine delivered??
I am at shelter bay now and used SOLA transport whose info I provided previously. Shipped 2 fridge units, 2 AC units and a mixed box of Yanmar parts from Miami to Manzanillo (colon) for $320.00. They charged me an additional $120.00 to clear thru customs and bring it to their warehouse in the Zona Libre......I hired a taxi and went to pick it up. No additional fees. Hope that helps.
sailnautilus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-2018, 14:47   #18

Boat: 35ft classic ketch/yawl.
Send a message via Skype™ to roland stockham

Quote:
Originally Posted by sailnautilus View Post
Did you get your engine delivered??
I am at shelter bay now and used SOLA transport whose info I provided previously. Shipped 2 fridge units, 2 AC units and a mixed box of Yanmar parts from Miami to Manzanillo (colon) for $320.00. They charged me an additional $120.00 to clear thru customs and bring it to their warehouse in the Zona Libre......I hired a taxi and went to pick it up. No additional fees. Hope that helps.
Thanks for that, I think it is all sorted (fingers crossed) and they will be delivering it to the free zone. Now just have to get it up to David. Think that will be a car hire and drive down to collect it. Should arrive mid to late April so still hoping to head north this season
roland stockham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-2018, 15:22   #19

Boat: Wildcat 35, Hobie 33

If you want to self drive it, then Express has HiLux'es (Toyota pick up) in their fleet and does one way rentals.

I did a multi day one way with them from Panama City to Colon recently. Good service. No hassles/ over charges (common problem).

They have many locations in Panama...including David I think.

http://www.expressrentpanama.com/
belizesailor is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
import, Panama, ports, yacht