Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Welcome Aboard > Forum News & Announcements
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 21-08-2010, 23:35   #16
Long Range Cruiser

Location: Australian living on "Sea Life" currently in England.
Boat: Beneteau 393 "Sea Life"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janice View Post
I wondered how MarkJ always comment on new posts

I thought ...does he browse every category every day?

Gee, now I know!
Hi Janice.

I do not subscribe to any posts. Its an option in your setup to not subscribe.
The other Opition I have that many dont use is to have New Posts first in a page and show 40 posts per page
Quote:
Thread Display ModeHere you can choose the display mode for threads. For a full explanation of the modes, please view this help page. Linear - Oldest First Linear - Newest First Threaded Hybrid Thread Display Mode:

Number of Posts to Show Per PageUse this option to set the number of posts to show in a thread before splitting the display into multiple pages. Use Forum Default Show 5 Posts Per Page Show 10 Posts Per Page Show 20 Posts Per Page Show 30 Posts Per Page Show 40 Posts Per Page
So when I turn CF on I click "Portal" wich gives a page of the most recent threads wether I have read them or not.

When I have had a look at those I click on "New Posts" and click back about 3 pages and that gives me all the posts I have not read in the last 12 hours.

Each thread then opens in a new tab on my multi-tabbing browser (Maxthon) and each thread dispays at the first unread post (how it does that I don't know but its excelent!). So theres no scrolling through from the first post 12 months ago. The latest is right there

This forum is quite good in its system. You just need to go through the Options to make it work for you. And dont be scared to experiment as you can't break it!

Mark

Somalia Pirates and our Convoy
MarkJ is offline   Reply With Quote