Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Life Aboard a Boat > Fishing, Recreation & Fun
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

View Poll Results: Website or Blog for your boat?
Website 125 42.52%
Blog 144 48.98%
Want to know how to do one 36 12.24%
Too Lazy 23 7.82%
Like to keep it private 28 9.52%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 294. You may not vote on this poll

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 4.20 average. Display Modes
Old 09-03-2012, 16:03   #151

Boat: 48 Privilege - Full Monty
Re: How Many Have a Boat Blog or Website ?

We had one with sailblogs.com, but recently just switched to our own website. We've been working on the boat for the past 2 1/2 years. Our family of 4 will start the cruising fun this June/July. Going to the NE US for a shakedown, and then heading south to the Panama Canal in the winter.
s/v Full Monty | Keep up with us as we sail the world and its many remote places.
Surf City is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 11:47   #152

I wanted to share my friends blog with all of you. They are young cruiser's preparing to sail around the world. They are currently fixing their boat in preparation and are doing a fun job documenting it. One of them is a professional photographer.

Have a look: http://www.CavaloatSea.com
ColinBlooSee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-03-2012, 15:19   #153

Hi,
Our blog is at: www.pershailla.blogspot.com. What about twitter? Would love to follow some tweeters too. We tweet at @pershill
LadyEmma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-2012, 08:08   #154

Boat: Hallberg Rassy 352

My partner Alex and I have a little blog called World Tour Stories:

We're from Europe, currently located in the Caribbean busy with the refit of our 'new' Halsey Harreshoff 43' from 1971 and are looking forward to cruise the coasts of South America later this year.

WORLD TOUR STORIES
::::::::::::::::::::::::::
LIVE LOVE AND DIE WITH NO REGRETS
Old 22-03-2012, 17:20   #155

Boat: Com-Pac 23/3
Alex and Taru's blog is anything but little. It is THE blog on experiencing the world on a sailboat. Beautiful photography, interesting recipes and the art of living life to it's fullest. Keep up the great work guys.

Mike an Brenda
Wrinklesinoursails.Blogspot.Com
Greene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 04:26   #156

Glad to find this question and to see that there are others interested in blogging about sailing. I just started one on HubPages -- capecodbull on HubPages focusing on cruising Cape Cod and The Islands right now. I hope to expand that to all of New England.

Are there others on this forum that blog about New England sailing or interested in the Cape and Islands?
capecodbull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-05-2012, 21:10   #157

Boat: 2003 Nordic Tug 32+
Sailingsereno.Wordpress.com
gmcairns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-05-2012, 21:42   #158
Marine Service Provider

smithtribesailing.blogspot.com . World tour with our 3 kids on our Leopard 47 "T R I B E"
Overlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-05-2012, 22:48   #159

Boat: Oyster 45

So we sold our kids and took our possessions...

No that is not quiet right.

We sold our house, took the kids out of school and gave most of our possessions away to move onto something that floats and will hopefully get us around the world.

We have a website and blog describing our adventures in Europe and have tried to describe some of the more usual things we have come across from a different, unpolitically correct perspective.

Come on, have you tried the French comunal toilets and showers. How do you hit just a small hole in the ground whilst holding your trousers out the way, can you still do the crossword whilst Madam in the next door trap is grunting and how to get the birds nest from your foot when Lolita in the shower next door gives herself a Brazilian. These are all things you need to know.

As the fly said whilst climbing the mirror "That's a different way of looking at it!"

The website is here... Sailing Cygnus III around the world
Old 28-05-2012, 06:08   #160

Boat: Union Polaris 36

Alex and well more appropriately Taru's blog is more a lifestyle blog. They crossed an ocean and spent a year or two in the European chain of the Caribbean without even going to any more remote islands, an Around the world blog would be more like the slapdash blog. For a lifestyle blog hers is probably the best, but maybe not as a cruising blog. They just don't go anywhere, and have run out of interesting stories to tell.

We have a blog too. Youmeandthed.blogspot.com We, my wife and I, cruise with our dog Dexter. We are budget cruisers, (<$500/month) but still manage to enjoy the tropics. We just got to Panama, and plan on cruising some of the best grounds in the world over the next half year before crossing the Pacific (san blas, costa rica's west coast, bocas del toro)
I guess Jennie will have to start posing in shots for us to have one of the best cruising blogs, but she's not to keen on modelling anymore

It is to bad cruisers enjoy opinions about tapas over exposes on how ignorant we are about areas of the world we haven't been to.

Life's a dream, live it!
youmeandthed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-05-2012, 07:12   #161
Marine Service Provider

I keep a blog about security concerns for cruisers. So I don't get into trouble, you'll have to check out my profileto get the link. If you do, please leave a comment and say hi.
donweiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-05-2012, 16:56   #162

Quote:
Originally Posted by youmeandthed View Post
It is to bad cruisers enjoy opinions about tapas over exposes on how ignorant we are about areas of the world we haven't been to.
I actually like reading blogs from a lot of different perspectives. I think your blog is great. Just because a thing is different (Alex and Taru's blog) doesn't mean it is inferior. Lots of different people in the world doing lots of different things. I try learn from them all.
“So, if I asked you about art, you'd probably give me the skinny on every art book ever written…But I bet you can't tell me what it smells like in the Sistine Chapel. You've never actually stood there and looked up at that beautiful ceiling.”
Blc7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-05-2012, 17:26   #163
JBH

Boat: First 47.7

We, wife and I and 2 kids of three and five yeare, have just started a blog about our plans to sail the south pacific and purchasing our boat. It's not your typical cruising yacht but one that will suit our needs with a bit of modification. We have given ourselves 12 months to get the boat and us ready for the trip.

The boat is in Sydney Australia and we are currently in Melbourne. Moving this weekend to be closer to the boat.

Hallovertheplace

Jim
JBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-05-2012, 17:27   #164

Boat: 1981 Nor'sea 27

I guess I'll add mine to the list.

norsea27-rhapsody.blogspot.com
Rhapsody-NS27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-05-2012, 18:00   #165

Boat: Lagoon 440
Send a message via Skype™ to impi

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris smith View Post
smithtribesailing.blogspot.com . World tour with our 3 kids on our Leopard 47 "T R I B E"
WOW guys ... your blog is SO AMAZING and I love to see how your kids are so enjoying thier adventure. Truly inspirational and I must admit puts my photo skills to shame! Keep it up ... we have asked to be followers ...
impi is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
boat