Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Life Aboard a Boat > Fishing, Recreation & Fun
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

View Poll Results: Website or Blog for your boat?
Website 125 42.52%
Blog 144 48.98%
Want to know how to do one 36 12.24%
Too Lazy 23 7.82%
Like to keep it private 28 9.52%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 294. You may not vote on this poll

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 4.20 average. Display Modes
Old 08-08-2012, 15:27   #181

Boat: 2003 Nordic Tug 32+
That's- WWW.sailingsereno.Wordpress.com
gmcairns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-08-2012, 08:44   #182

Boat: 22' Westerly Nomad
Re: How Many Have a Boat Blog or Website ?

I just started mine. So far I am just writing about how I found my boat, lost her, and got her back.

Then I will be going into the details of restoring and refinishing her.

After that, I hope to chronicle our travels and adventures, but that's still a little way off.

S/V Second Chance
S/V Second Chance
Old 06-10-2012, 21:49   #183

Boat: Sinek, Pilothouse, 43ft
We are cruising and living aboard. En route to Mexico from Canada. I am enjoying blogging and telling our stories for our friends and family back home.
Kara
SV Maclas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 06:41   #184

Boat: Amel Super Maramu 53

We too have just started a site: www.creampuff.us

We plan to venture out on Cream Puff next year after hurricane season and are using the interim to learn our new boat. We can wait to have adventures to post. We plan to take a slightly different approach to our site. Subscribe if you wish.
Mark and Cindy
mcerdos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 10:24   #185

Boat: CatalinaMorgan 440
We don't have a blog set up yet, but it's in the works. In the interim, we created a Facebook page for general updates. www.facebook.com/threesheetssailing
Feel free to "like" us and follow along!
Old 05-11-2012, 12:24   #186

I started my blog back in August, just before I bought my boat.

Dthines.blogspot.com
twoifbysea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 02:20   #187
Marine Service Provider

Boat: Bavaria 46

Wish I had a blog and will do this next season.
Captain Scott
WWW.crewsailing.se
crewtv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 09:17   #188

Location: Branched Oak Yacht Club, Wife is an Admiral in the Nebraska Navy
Boat: Clipper Marine 32 CC Aft Cabin Ketch
I started a web site in part, because of this web site, and others, not understanding the largest of the William Crealock designed and built trailerable Clipper Marine 30's and 32's.

www.clippermarine.org

My web site helped me realize my dream of purchasing a CM 32 Aft Cabin Ketch, my all time favorite sailboat. After the site had been up a month or so, a gentleman contacted me asking me to list his CM32 for sale on my site. He had his sailboat listed several places and it had not sold, in part from the disinformation posted on internet forums, that is not at all true in most cases.

I purchased his CM32 myself, and could not be more pleased.

My site is the most used Clipper Marine site on the internet, and the first offering on page one on Google, sharing information between owners of all models of CM's, and perspective buyers.

I now own two Clipper Marine 32'S, an aft cabin and an aft cockpit.

What makes Clipper Marine 32'S so special? Designed and built under the watchful eye of William Crealock, famous naval architect, is one reason. Another is the fact, this was the largest trailerable sailboat built at that time, and today remains the only easily affordable one. My ketch can be single handed, from launch to recovery, and easily mast stepped single handed on the water. Name another 32 foot class aft cabin ketch sailboat, sailed all over the world, that can do that? None to my knowledge. Certanily nothing in this price range. Big CM's are very under priced for all that you get, and have held up well over the past 35 or so years. The 8' beam means you can trailer anywhere, and they are quick in the water.

Check out our web site and new members are always welcome.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2012-10-10-18-38-49.jpg
Views:	247
Size:	217.5 KB
ID:	49468   Click image for larger version

Name:	www_yachtauthority_com_00039556_144.jpeg
Views:	314
Size:	53.7 KB
ID:	49469  

Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20121109_110442.jpg
Views:	288
Size:	220.1 KB
ID:	49470  
Old 04-12-2012, 18:11   #189
Marine Service Provider

Boat: Marine Trader 36 Sundeck

We too have just started our cruising adventures and the blog that goes with it. I try to keep it updated at least every couple of days. Right now we're ready to be relaunched after having to replace all thru hulls on the boat. To find out more here's our blog. Thanks for looking!

Cruisin' with the Clarks | Come with us as we refit and resize our lives in order to go cruising on a 41 foot catamaran.
Sid at SailAway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 00:26   #190

Boat: Pacific Seacraft Mariah

I'll jump in on this. My blog is @ The Adventures of [sic]…, and I take it pretty seriously as of late. Just updated the theme, and I'm in the process of learning html and css so I can get nasty with it. Last year it was a hobby. This year, I'm making it my job. Thanks for checking it out, and best of luck to all of you as well. I love reading sailing blogs!

- H3
H3LlIoN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 03:44   #191

Boat: Seafarer 34 CB

We've been blogging about the refit of our 34' seafarer since August and are going to move aboard our boat in about a month. We'll then sail through the Caribbean with our two dogs starting in the Bahamas and working our way to the Western side and then down Central America. Once the fun and exploring is done us Brooklyn natives will be calling Colombia home!

Feel free to follow along! Sailing Chance | Sailing through the Caribbean | Sailing Chance | Sailing through the Caribbean
Also we wouldn't mind if you liked us on facebook: www.facebook.com/sailingchance
Old 04-01-2013, 00:22   #192
Marine Service Provider

Boat: 38' cutter
Send a message via Skype™ to banyandah

At JACKandJUDE.com will be found cruising guides with aerial photos and GPS positions, A blog of two veteran sailors who also love to go walkabout. There are stacks of photos going back to building our lady in 1973, and further in interested in our African Honeymoon a one year overland trek from England to South Africa.
We have written a few books and produced several DVDs showing some of the very remote places we explore. Drop in, you'll be delighted, maybe even amazed.
Cheers to all, be safe, be daring, be brave.
Old 14-02-2013, 08:28   #193

Boat: Whitby 42 Ketch

We’re an Australian couple who spent a year and 7,200 nautical miles gaining experience crewing on other people's boats in South East Asia, the Mediterranean and Atlantic before setting off to cruise the Mediterranean and then the world as live-aboards with crewmate, Marc on the Jeanneau 43 DS, Alcheringa

We have maintained a blog since before we even cast off initially to keep family and friends up to date with what we were up to. We’ve always included lots of photographs and info about the destinations we’ve visited. Now two years later over 2,000 people a month follow our cruising adventures. To record our travels the blog has proved more useful than a log book and certainly more reliable than our feeble memories.

We’re here for a good time not a long time and don’t plan to waste any of it. You can read about all of our adventures past, present & future at www.dreatimesail.blogspot.com/
Old 14-02-2013, 08:57   #194
Ram

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Cat in the med & Trawler in Florida

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob kingsland View Post
We have one. It chronicles the building of our 50' steel boat. It took a lot of time to set up, but it's an interesting project to learn how to do a web site, and it's a good way to organize the history of the project. Bob S/V Restless
WOW!!!- WHat a project and What a Boat, hat took a lot of love ! !! I looked at your site and loved it ! Are you out sailing the world now?
Ram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-02-2013, 00:55   #195

Boat: Whitby 42 Ketch

We just had this really nice comment left for us on our most recent blog post. Things like this certainly make us feel good about the time we spend on it. Thanks guys

"Came across your blog via the cruisers forum. Congrats on a very informative and entertaining blog, cant wait to read the book!! Just retired but sadly left it too late to follow suite. However, we have just spent many hours of enjoyment through your eyes. Look forward to many more posts. regards Sue & Tony"

Tags
boat