Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Life Aboard a Boat > Fishing, Recreation & Fun
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 19-05-2015, 16:01   #46

Re: New Waterproof Drone With Camera that follows you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by roverhi View Post
This water proof drone I believe is available now. The original gimble mount for a GoPro camera was not a water proof, however. Believe they are working on water proofing the gimble mount but don't know how far along they are.
That one, with gimbal, is up around $1500 - 1800. Quite a bit more expensive than $500, and the camera is still external in case you crash.

My mistake, it's $1600 and 1900.
socaldmax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-2015, 16:10   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirage Gecko View Post
I love gadgets and this would be like other drones and choppers that is fantastic in defined areas and for personal use.
Have not experienced it here fortunately yet but around anchorages and other people I would find that invasive and like someone else has cleverly stated "Pull"
But then again I think reality TV and arsebook should be banned too
Like everything else in life, one must use their best judgement when deciding to fly a drone. Of course one should respect other people's privacy, even in public places.

I'm sure if a drone came a bit too close to anyone, a mature adult response of, "you're flying that a little too close, please back off" would probably be better than opening fire.

We're all entitled to do as we please, we just have to face the consequences of our actions.
Old 19-05-2015, 22:59   #48

Boat: Seawind 1200 TEC 3

[QUOTE=socaldmax;1828880]Like everything else in life, one must use their best judgement when deciding to fly a drone. Of course one should respect other people's privacy, even in public places.

I'm sure if a drone came a bit too close to anyone, a mature adult response of, "you're flying that a little too close, please back off" would probably be better than opening fire.

We're all entitled to do as we please, we just have to face the consequences of our actions. [/QUOTE
I'm not suggesting for one minute you are in the that category but part of your last sentence "We're all entitled to do as we please" although in theory is close to correct in a lot of places is basically the reason behind most of the worlds problems today .
.However unfortunately it is not only the perpetrator that has to face the consequences of someone doing as they please.
Mirage Gecko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-05-2015, 00:02   #49

[QUOTE=Mirage Gecko;1829055]
Quote:
Originally Posted by socaldmax View Post
Like everything else in life, one must use their best judgement when deciding to fly a drone. Of course one should respect other people's privacy, even in public places.

We're all entitled to do as we please, we just have to face the consequences of our actions. [/QUOTE
I'm not suggesting for one minute you are in the that category but part of your last sentence "We're all entitled to do as we please" although in theory is close to correct in a lot of places is basically the reason behind most of the worlds problems today .
.However unfortunately it is not only the perpetrator that has to face the consequences of someone doing as they please.
There are literally millions of ways to respond to any given post. How one chooses to respond speaks volumes about them, if one is observant.

And so it is in life. Some people inherently understand that they shouldn't fly their drone near anyone else, while some people may go out of their way to get offended by something that is flying 1/4 mile away.

If someone is flying a drone nearby, one can choose to enjoy watching it, or they can get upset over virtually nothing. The choice is theirs. It's not a problem until they choose to make it a problem. It's always a choice.

Tags
camera, water