Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 22-02-2015, 15:54   #1

Sailing Movie Screenings

We have finally finished our movie about a journey to find an iceberg. It's called One Simple Question.

We are currently submitting to film festivals, but also looking to set up some screenings. I think sailors will enjoy this film, and that yacht clubs or sailing clubs, and maritime museums would good venues to host screenings.

The movie runs 85 minutes.
Features some notable sailors: Lin Pardey, John Kretschmer, Jaja & Dave Martin, Pam Wall, Nigel Calder, John Neal, George Day, Yves Gélinas.

If you know of any clubs or organizations that you think would like to show a sailing movie, you can send them to me to get a link to see the trailer and find out more about hosting a screening.

Thanks,
Ben
N447-Rocinante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-2015, 16:29   #2

Re: Sailing Movie Screenings

I cant help you with finding a place to screen the movie, but I just wanted to say I really enjoyed your youtube videos and I am looking forward to seeing the movie.

Any plans to put it for sale online?

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Cruisers Sailing Forum mobile app
Eoghan_Roe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-2015, 18:40   #3
Marine Service Provider

Boat: Norseman 447

Yup, we will be selling DVDs and downloads - later this summer. To help launch this movie, screenings are most beneficial. We are genuinely sorry that means you and others have to wait a few months longer. We know it's been a long time coming and we do appreciate everyone's patience.
benjiwoodboat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-03-2015, 10:14   #4

Ah, yes, the indie process of getting your movie out there. Both difficult and fun. I have done a little work in independant movies so I am familiar with that process.

Unfortunately the people I knew are no longer involved, but if you would like your movie screened in Seattle the Northwest Film Forum is a great little location on Capitol Hill. Very friendly to the community of filmmakers.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Cruisers Sailing Forum mobile app
Eoghan_Roe is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
movie, sail, sailing, screen