Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 27-06-2019, 11:58   #61

Re: SUP Advice Needed

Would ayone consider using a SUP as your primary tender? In the interests of saving space and money I was wondering about the practicality of a SUP being used in multiple rolls including as a tender and by adding a sailboard rig.
Neale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-06-2019, 12:14   #62

Boat: Kelley-Peterson 46 cutter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neale View Post
Would ayone consider using a SUP as your primary tender? In the interests of saving space and money I was wondering about the practicality of a SUP being used in multiple rolls including as a tender and by adding a sailboard rig.
I have friends who use their paddleboards for almost everything. They have a dingy but use paddleboards most of the time.
KP44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-06-2019, 12:18   #63

We use our SUPs mostly, only using our dinghy a few times a year. Usually that’s location dependent. If we have a long way to go, particularly in an area where the winds or current kick up, then we use the dinghy. But we’re old!
Training Wheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-06-2019, 12:22   #64

Boat: Vancouver 27

Quote:
We use ours as a fair wx dinghy and as a secondary tender. Nice to have a second means of mobility to and from the boat if capt n crew have differing plans for the day.

It COULD work as a primary, but to me, that would be a bit like taking a road bike into the mountains. You will have more limited mobility for getting to shore and for exploration, but maybe that's a tradeoff you are OK with.
laika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-06-2019, 01:11   #65

Boat: Outbound 44

Quote:
Gonna be interesting when you need to haul groceries or jerry cans back to the boat.
Paul L is offline   Reply With Quote