Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 23-06-2010, 05:53   #166

Boat: Wauquiez Pretorien 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laidback View Post
New Zealanders advocate a thick coating of unprocessed sheep's grease - applied to all exposed areas at least 3 times per day. the applicator should be a friend if not a relation.
I posted a good Kiwi joke about sheep on the Joke Forum, but they deleted it and said "don't repost"!
Old 23-06-2010, 10:24   #167

Location: Northern British Columbia, part of the time in Prince Rupert and part of the time on Moresby Island.
Boat: 50-ft steel Ketch
Send a message via MSN to Astrid Send a message via Yahoo to Astrid
I've sailed nude or topless on a number of occasions, such as a trip to San Diego last summer, but only when the weather is nice and warm. It's fun enough when one has enough privacy or others to do it with. I usually try to keep a cover up close by in case of unexpected visitors something easy to slip into.
Old 05-07-2010, 01:11   #168

Boat: Luger Seabreeze 16' - PJ 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaza Dana View Post
Tried it once, and Hey Presto! A coastguard boat appears off the horizon heading straight to us. Well, wasn't that the day I had a strappy dress on, and couldn't get the straps sorted as these guys raced towards us. Well, I luckily managed to get it on (if not, I'd have raced into the cabin and grabbed a sensible t-shirt, so no worries), and the moment I was covered, the CG backed off and went elsewhere!!
I have been stopped by US Park Service Rangers (Everglades National Park), Florida Marine Patrol (for safety inspection), and have been visited by the US Coast Guard while I was standing thigh deep in water working on my outboard motor - all while nude - and not once did any of them even MENTION my nudity, much less hassle me.

Granted, each time I was in a remote location (not just off the marina or in heavy traffic area). Each time, when I saw their boat approaching, I didn't scramble to cover up as if I were doing something wrong. The ensuing conversations were casual and pleasant. (Look at it from their point of view - here's someone who isn't going to suddenly pull out a weapon or something).

One of the stories is here: http://campingbare.mine.nu/naug99.htm
sailingbare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 01:53   #169

Boat: Santana 2023 - Impulsive II
as a soldier stationed in germany, the lakes and indoor waterpark were mandatory nudity after 1500. took some getting used to but being a soldier deploying to iraq figured ah what the hey. i sail here in nj on the barnegat bay and have seen an occasional nudie anchored up. when i was working on a charter boat in florida there was a guy who we would see all the time.. in the nude.. fishing..
E.L.Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 19:34   #170

Nah, we always wear at least sandals....and sunglasses
Old 06-07-2010, 12:50   #171

I find it very funny that the individuals who think that it is ok to be nude in public are the very ones that should ALWAYS be covered up.
What you do in private is your business and as long as it does not hurt anyone and you are happy go for it but please remember your sunscreen.
the_cowper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 18:38   #172
Eternal Member

Boat: 30' William Atkin cutter
Send a message via ICQ to wolfenzee
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_cowper View Post
I find it very funny that the individuals who think that it is ok to be nude in public are the very ones that should ALWAYS be covered up.

The first time I went to a nude beach made me feel pretty good about my body...some of the people there just should not have displayed there body in public...
wolfenzee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 12:31   #173

Location: Northern British Columbia, part of the time in Prince Rupert and part of the time on Moresby Island.
Quote:
The first time I went to a nude beach made me feel pretty good about my body...some of the people there just should not have displayed there body in public..
Amen to that! On the other hand there are always a few that are easy on the eyes
Old 07-07-2010, 16:40   #174

Boat: C & C 34. Excalibur 111
I'm sorry but some of these posts annoy me. Being nude has nothing to do with looking good, those people you criticize are not in a beauty contest for your pleasure. If you feel you are so perfect, go with the other perfects, if not, then just don't look. Live & let live.
Aquanaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 16:43   #175

Will, you do of course have a very valid point and I apologize and withdraw my statement.
Old 07-07-2010, 16:56   #176

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfenzee View Post
The first time I went to a nude beach made me feel pretty good about my body...some of the people there just should not have displayed there body in public...
Yeah. Stay away from Sochii, on the Black Sea...thats where all the speedos that get made wind up.
Old 07-07-2010, 23:25   #177

Boat: CT 54... for our sins!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Astrid View Post
Will, you do of course have a very valid point .
...interesting choice of words
VirtualVagabond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 23:41   #178

Boat: CT 54... for our sins!
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfenzee View Post
You've got a lot of growing up to do... hopefully you'll eventually learn that the most boring people on the planet are the ones that 'feel good about their bodies'. It's a preoccupation the media has imposed on the young, and sadly, it seems to inhibit enjoyable, witty and more cerebral interaction.
Give me half an hour chatting with the goofy kid with a ton of personality any day...
VirtualVagabond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 09:11   #179
C.L.O.D

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by VirtualVagabond View Post
the most boring people on the planet are the ones that 'feel good about their bodies'.
No worries for me then, I can safely stop fretting about whether I'm boring you.
SaucySailoress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 09:21   #180

Boat: 1982 Oday 34
No sailing nude, but it only took a month of having an operational boat and people forgetting swimming suits on weekend trips before skinny dipping at night became the norm.
Jetexas is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
sail