Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 21-09-2008, 16:55   #91

Boat: inspiration 10 - 10.5 mtrs capricorn magic
Shu, I guess it's a throwback to the Victorian era where people were tought that it was somehow against religion/God to display ones body even in the bedroom.How sick can you get. To me if we were made in Gods image how could it be so wrong? I get great pleasure, and love looking at a beautiful naked person,male or female, it's a wonderful work of art, and pleasure, as is any animal, tree etc. If we get get our feelings disturbed in a very pleasant way thats as it should be, thats nature and long may it last! It's so great to be out sailing and being free, somehow the two go together. Natureboy
lolanreg@smartc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-2008, 18:11   #92

Boat: 1983 Gulfstar 36
On the way (2 boats) from Chesapeake to BVI we were hit with a very difficult late storm (Google "trashman") that had left our 2 boats heading to Bermuda for repairs. Given that every thing was soaked we proceded to put everything on deck including our clothes. All of them. Each boat boat had 2 very attractive young ladys aboard. My friend on the other boat called on the VHF and said we might have fish under us as he was showing 20 -60 ft ( We were in 2 - 10 thousand ft) so we should fish. About an hour after putting lines out I looked to stb. and saw a sub periscope! scoping out our chicks! (I Hope!)

Ok guys, fess up.. late 1982 . Anyone see the show?

OK

"Yes, well.. perhaps some more wine" (Julia Child)
S/V Antares is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-2008, 18:55   #93

S/V Antares. I don't think the navy would condone their sailors going starkers, just imagine a shipload of horny young guys, away from home for ever, trying to concentrate on their jobs, oh oh! Oh no! Ha Ha! Up periscopes! So I guess they've got to look/spy when they can and keep their hands on the wheel and have a turn or two. natureboy.
Old 22-09-2008, 07:59   #94
Shu

Boat: Down East Yacht, 42' Danser Nu
Quote:
Originally Posted by lolanreg@smartc View Post
Shu, I guess it's a throwback to the Victorian era where people were tought that it was somehow against religion/God to display ones body even in the bedroom.How sick can you get. To me if we were made in Gods image how could it be so wrong? I get great pleasure, and love looking at a beautiful naked person,male or female, it's a wonderful work of art, and pleasure, as is any animal, tree etc. If we get get our feelings disturbed in a very pleasant way thats as it should be, thats nature and long may it last! It's so great to be out sailing and being free, somehow the two go together. Natureboy
I'm with you on this. The body is nothing to be ashamed of. Our ancient ancestors invented clothes to protect them from the elements, not as an act of modesty. In the same vein this is why animals have body coverings like fur.
We were born nude, were we not?
Old 22-09-2008, 08:15   #95

Send a message via AIM to sluissa
I'm reminded of a quote from somewhere.

Forgive me for paraphrasing, it's been a long time since I heard it.

"What's wrong with nudity? You're born naked and you die naked."
"People don't usually die naked."
"You do if you plan it right."

Edit: ok, apparently the Drew Carey Show

real quote to follow:
Lewis Kiniski: I don't see what the big deal is. You're born naked and you die naked.
The Councilman: You don't die naked.
Lewis Kiniski: You do if you plan it right.

thanks IMDB
sluissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2008, 08:20   #96

Boat: Ericson
That looks like a wharram. If it is it is built to sail in the nude with.

To read abuout my Pacific crossing see my website www.trafficated.com

Kjell Otto Stave
kjell72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2008, 21:06   #97

s/v antares, I saw the other half of your story in a thread somewhere( it must be alziemers)
Shu. you got to be right! We westerners seem to have that many hangups over nudity ,sex, possesions. having been to some of the Pacific Is I do see the light differently. Saw so beautiful dancers in the Marquises Is that I thought were females yet were not, but loved by the community all the same,not pushed to the fringes of society. What thought wrong here in Oz is OK in a lot of other countries and so on, yet a lot of things done here,eg: corporate crime, are really so immoral.but tolerated, makes me sick. Whatever you do; should only be for your conscience to decide and not hurt anyone. If I go nude why should anyone worry? theres only two sorts of humans I know of, m/f if your not I think you must be the other. Well it was the last time I looked. Then again you might be one of the lucky ones with more than your share of goodies!
On the water we all have common problems that tie us together, our boat, wind and water.all the rest is just for enjoyment. Cheers Natureboy.
Old 23-09-2008, 04:11   #98

Boat: 1983 Gulfstar 36
Lolanreg, et alli , I would also remind all how different and wonderous a feeling it is to swim in the nude. Some among us have not done so in years and I encourage this activity.

"Yes, well.. perhaps some more wine" (Julia Child)
S/V Antares is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-09-2008, 17:00   #99

SV Antares, Yes I seem to be born to it, that feeling of the efferescent water on your bare skin as you dive into it,down, down, watching the bubbles as they rise up to the surface. Special sort of ocean water you only find in some places like our Keppel Is. so clean clear and beautiful. Of course some only sail out to the islands on the odd occasion and can't leave the trappings of society behind on the mainland.I feel sorry for them. One of lifes great treasures to sail and be free to do these things that come natural to us.( I wax lyrical on this )
Old 23-09-2008, 17:06   #100

Boat: in between
Quote:
Originally Posted by S/V Antares View Post
Ok guys, fess up.. late 1982 . Anyone see the show?

OK
I was on an oiler in the Pacific for five years, but spent most of it in the engineroom, so no free shows for me.

You all must be familiar with hot racking, something submariners end up doing quite often. I think s/v Antares story includes hot racks above and below the waterline.
goshea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-09-2008, 17:15   #101

SV Antares, How's conditions there in Annapolis for sailing etc? I believe it gets mighty cold there. We live just 20 Klm north of the Tropic of capricorn East coast of OZ, so it rarely gets too cold here and our local bay (Keppel Bay)is usually ideal for all the activities we speak of. Since moving here 16yrs ago, never had to wear wet weather gear, jumpers etc when sailing, speaks for itself.
Old 23-09-2008, 18:17   #102

Goshea, No can't figure out hot racking, unless you mean hot bedding! you'd have to be on quite good terms with your fellow sailors to jump in,or you may get a few surprizes. Have to make sure he's out,eh, you know how sailors are? We only did that on a sailing trip to Lord howe Is some years ago.More crew than beds, One of the crew was so hairy, which he shed everywhere. had to shake the bedsheets every day! Mostly too b tired to care, just jump in. Never had the pleasure of a long trip with female crew, I think I'd be a master builder in no time at all!
Old 23-09-2008, 21:08   #103
Moderator Emeritus

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Research vessel for a university, retired now.
Why doesn't it surprise me that a thread about going nude has reached over a hundred posts?

Life begins where land ends.
David M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-09-2008, 22:42   #104

Everyone seems facinated by the human body, I guess it's because we keep covering it up. Women fear that they won't measure up, physically against others, and guys want to surrepticiously look to see how big the other guys are. Satisfied that they're normal, comparitivly speaking, off will come the clothes. As one becomes more comfortable with themselves all you have to watch is if you as a guy see something nature says "Wow" I want to start a family! familiarity will help cure this big problem.
Builders are the worst culprits.cheers keep sailing Natureboy
Old 24-09-2008, 13:23   #105
Shu

Boat: Down East Yacht, 42' Danser Nu
Quote:
Originally Posted by David M View Post
Why doesn't it surprise me that a thread about going nude has reached over a hundred posts?
Who knows where this could lead.
It does speak volumes about human nature, and how repressed we are normally, but then who in the sailing community is normal?

Tags
sail