Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-07-2013, 15:34   #31

Boat: 1987 Cabo Rico 38 #117 (sold) & 2008 Manta 42 #124
Re: Wireless Audio Speakers

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgasmd View Post
Recently bought a BIG JamBox for other purposes. It has an internal battery charged off 12V, works either by plugging in an iPod or any other device via jack input, or works by bluetooth with an iPad or iPod or iPhone. The battery last 12+ hr. The sound is as crystal clear as the Bose units and just as loud, but much smaller footprint. It would make a fantastic boat unit, especially if you are concerned with power usage.
Love our jambox... we got the small one. We also have a sonos system in the house which is simply awesome but we don't really use it since we got the jambox.

Before sailboats I was an audio file... class A amps to each of my speakers, etc. In any case, the jambox sounds great considering what it is and anything much bigger is will piss of the neighbors in the anchorage or at the marina.
zboss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 15:40   #32

Boat: 1987 Cabo Rico 38 #117 (sold) & 2008 Manta 42 #124
Re: Wireless Audio Speakers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheechako View Post
small solar cell on each speaker/amp would probably work!
I think today though, maybe you just need an Ipod stereo base... sound better than most marine speakers and just carry it to where you are going to be... foredeck, cockpit, settee etc. You dont have to tear the boat apart to wire speakers everywhere and you can isolate the music to the person that wants it!
Yea, I bet you could hook one up to my Jambox and extend the battery at least a couple of hours. Jambox is so cheap, buy 2 if you are going to jam all night long. NO need to worry about disposable batteries, the hook up is mini-connector that plugs right into a USB wall wart.

AND it has a built in speakerphone which make sit PERFECT for conference calls to vendors when you don't want to hold a phone up to your ear because you hands are covered in diesel and oil.

AND they come in a wide variety of colors, so if you want your speaker to match the color of your boat, you can probably get it in that color.
zboss is offline   Reply With Quote