Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > General Classifieds (no boats)
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-12-2019, 11:45   #1
Marine Service Provider

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boye Cobalt Folding Rigging Knife NEW LOW PRICE

Boye Cobalt Folding Rigging Knife NEW UNUSED LOW PRICE

Sheepsfoot Blade,
Yellow Handle
Brand New (I received it as a gift, and don’t need it).
Never Used!

Key Features:
Blade and rocker arm made of Boye Dendritic Cobalt
Extreme cutting and edge holding; out cuts any steel
All parts - blade and fittings - will never rust in salt water
Non-magnetic, so won't affect a compass or sensitive electronics, including MRI!
Fast sharpening on a soft or medium whetstone
Minimalist, lightweight, only 2.5 oz
Flat profile eliminates bulges and bulk
3" blade; 4" handle
Blade locks open and snaps closed under spring tension
Smooth one hand opening and closing with either hand
Strong, no slip textured Zytel® handle (fiberglass-filled nylon)
Titanium Marlinspike/Shackle key/Multitool
Firm holding forged 2 point titanium pocket clip
100 lb test 304 stainless lanyard loop
Indented release bar prevents accidental blade closure
Scrape edges on back of blade
Blade can be taken out for cleaning
Quality hand craftsmanship in all stages of fabrication
Superior, satisfying functionality from every day carry to challenging expeditions
Handcrafted in the USA
Lifetime guarantee for workmanship and materials

Ranked #1 in Practical Sailor review.
Many reviews and users say it cuts through Dynema lines or cordage “like cutting through butter." If you own a boat with Dyneema lines, this could be a life-saver some day.

Boye current direct online price = $219
https://www.boyeknives.com/collectio...-folding-knife

Steadman’s Price = $179 with FREE USPS Priority Mail Shipping to lower 48 in USA

You save $40.00!

My Conditions:

I only accept PayPal payments and will only sell it to a CF member.
I will only ship to a street address in the Lower 48 states (USA) using USPS Priority Mail with tracking number sent to you ASAP. No P.O. Boxes. You must acknowledge receipt of the knife (signature required).
NO Returns! NO refunds. Before you buy this knife, read everything about it and know what you are buying. It is in perfect, unused, new condition. I will NOT accept returns or give a refund, once it is out of my hands. So, please be sure you want this knife.
I am able to ship today (Friday December 6, if I receive payment by 4:00PM CST. Otherwise I will not be able to ship until Monday December 16th (earliest), due to travel and no access to USPS. So, if you want to buy this, contact me ASAP and pay ASAP and I may be able to send it to you later today. Otherwise there will be a one week delay in shipping.

How to buy this knife:
Send me Private Message here on CF stating you want to buy this knife and agree to the terms (payment via PayPal, my shipping terms described here) . I will in return send you a PM with my PayPal Address for payment and estimated shipping date. You will send payment to my Paypal address within one hour, so make sure you have the funds or use your credit card on PayPal if I agree to sell to you. I will ship using USPS Priority Mail as soon as possible, but may need 1-7 days depending on my ability to get to the post office to ship (I may be out of town or traveling, etc.). I will send you a shipping tracking number ASAP.

As soon as I receive payment via PayPal, I will send you a confirmation of sale to you, and will post a SOLD notice on this thread.

I have sold thousands of dollars of items online, and have many testimonials from happy customers. I am not an e-Bay seller.

What BOYE says about this knife:

"A traditional shape for safety and a consummate rigging knife, the Boye Sheepsfoot Folder is perfect for everyday jobs, in white knuckle situations when you're being slammed around on boat or in critical rescue conditions where you need to part a line quickly. The Sheepsfoot Folder has a blunt tip for minimal risk of accidentally piercing someone with a sharp tip in urgent situations. This knife is easy to carry and deploy and can be opened and closed with either hand. It will cut virtually any line - quickly, cleanly, and safely. It can be used for hours on end and still cut effectively and repeatedly, will never rust in salt water (blade or fittings), and is non magnetic, so it won't affect a compass or electronics.

The Boye Sheepsfoot Folder was rated #1 Boat Knife by Practical Sailor, top scoring in criteria such as cutting, portability, deployment, magnetic interference, corrosion resistance, and affordability. Not included in this test was the all-important category of long term edge holding. In our opinion, that's one of the essential features of a good boat knife, and that's where Boye Dendritic Cobalt knives really excel.

The Boye Sheepsfoot folder has a 3" blade, is 7" in length overall, and weighs just 2.5 oz.

The "field grade" as-cast blade bears the markings of its fiery birth. The blade takes on metal flow lines and the natural grain texture of the porcelain mold, giving it an "organic" look. The irregularities and patterns are superficial and make each knife unique. This finish is very wear resistant, and is a good choice for an all around working tool. The blades are smooth-to-the-touch with a lustrous appearance.

You can read more about it here:
https://www.boyeknives.com/collectio...-folding-knife

My Opinion of this Knife?

I have read much about this knife and was impressed by what I learned about it. I have read the very favorable reviews, including the Practical Sailor review that ranked this the best sailor’s knife.

The knife is razor sharp. It is also surprisingly light in the hand and easy to wear, so if you buy it, be prepared that it is very light weight (some parts are Titanium). It is easy to open with one hand and fits my hand perfectly (I wear a large size glove). It works very smoothly when opening. All of the materials are very nicely finished. It is impressive. It is much different from a more common “Spyderco” type knife. The blade looks great. I like the sheeps foot design the best.

In sum, while I was skeptical that this knife would be significantly different from other folding sailor’s knives, I was truly impressed by this knife once I had it in my hand. It is outstanding. While this is an outstanding knife, and considered by many to be the very best rigging knife of its kind, I have no need for it, as I don’t own a boat, and do not have Dyneema rigging.

My Reason for Selling?

I received this knife as a gift from a sailor I helped. I appreciate the quality of this knife, but I had also purchased two other rigging knives a few weeks before, so I have no need for this particular knife. Instead of keeping it, I will sell it and get something else that is more important for me now. I have not used this knife at all. It is NEW and unused.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC06935_1024x1024@2x.jpg
Views:	71
Size:	11.8 KB
ID:	204485   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC06942_1024x1024@2x.jpg
Views:	73
Size:	14.1 KB
ID:	204486  

Click image for larger version

Name:	montage_yellow_as-cast_1024x1024@2x.jpg