Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > General Classifieds (no boats)
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-06-2021, 14:52   #1

Chris White Atlantic 46 LR Cat plans & some supplies

Chris White's Atlantic Cats are proven world cruisers. He used to sell plan sets to individuals. There were six Atlantic 46 cats built per his website, plus a few other plan sets sold. Check his website and then Google the boat names for details and photos. These cats are in the same class as Gunboats and you have an opportunity to build one yourself because:

A few years ago I purchased the plans for a CW Atlantic 46 Long Ranger (effecitvely an Atlantic 48) and SOME supplies. These supplies included enough 25 year old clear Western Red Cedar for the hulls, rolls of fiberglass, some marine plywood, heads, etc. I can provide a more complete list of supplies to interested folks.

A change in life plans suggests that I sell. This is the one and ONLY time I will advertise the plans & materials for sale. Chris White does not sell these plans anymore to individuals so far as I know.

So - Here is your one chance to build your own true world class blue water cat.

The plans I have for sale include the original prints and original scantlings.

You cannot buy cedar this clear anymore - it's worth $10K by itself given current WRC pricing. There have never been another set of A46 plans offered for sale to my knowledge, except when I bought this set years ago, This is a one time opportunity, admittidly not for everyone.

I searched for years for self-build plans for a cat like this. Few plans are ever for sale for a cat of this caliber and I simply did not have the $$$ for a professionally built one. This would be the 7th of these cats - ever built.

Price: $20,000 for everything, located in Arkansas.

Please - no ridiculous low ball offers or rude comments, I won't respond, so just keep scrolling- If you're seriously interested and have funds available now please respond and I will provide you additional details and answer quesitons in off-forum emails.

Also - DON'T ask me to sell digital copies of the plans. The plans are and remain Chris's intellectual property and convey the right to build ONE boat. End of story. I shouldn't have to include this statement, but sadly, I've already been asked in another forum.

If you don't care for the Atlantic series of cats, also please keep scrolling. I do not want this to turn into another endless discussion of the merits of any particular series of catamarans, nor self building versus buying something different.

To end on a positive note - For the few buyers that may want to tackle this project and have funds available, here is your one chance!

I will respond to folks in the order of messages received.

Thanks, Rusty
RCinAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2022, 11:23   #2

Re: Chris White Atlantic 46 LR Cat plans & some supplies

Hello, is this still available?
Luis Escardo is offline   Reply With Quote