Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > General Classifieds (no boats)
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-01-2020, 16:29   #16

Boat: Endeavourcat Sailcat 44
Re: Florida key boatyard $$$$prices$$$

I haven't been there for a couple of years but Scorpion Marine in Port Canaveral was pretty reasonable. The haul out was reasonable and the day rate was $.50/ft. I never did a monthly rate but the daily rate was cheaper than anywhere else I have been. Their prices may have gone up since I was there, but probably worth a call. It's not a bad trip north if you stay in the stream until Ft Pierce.
Captain Bill is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2020, 02:47   #17

Boat: 38/41 Fountains pajot

Quote:
Originally Posted by windstalkers View Post
I have the boat in key largo ( private property )and right now we are working on the motor .so far Punta Gorda is the cheapest but there are full. they give priority to their customers. The catamaran yard in key largo will send me prices Monday. they are under a new management

$0.70 cent per foot makes a difference I am planning to keep the boat in a yard for 2 /3 months
Seriously use that yard at your own peril
Dulcesuenos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2020, 02:48   #18

Boat: 38/41 Fountains pajot

Quote:
Originally Posted by windstalkers View Post
I have the boat in key largo ( private property )and right now we are working on the motor .so far Punta Gorda is the cheapest but there are full. they give priority to their customers. The catamaran yard in key largo will send me prices Monday. they are under a new management

$0.70 cent per foot makes a difference I am planning to keep the boat in a yard for 2 /3 months
Seriously use that yard at your own peril
Dulcesuenos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2020, 04:41   #19

Boat: Endeavourcat Sailcat 44

I don't think you'll have a prayer of getting into Catamaran boat yard with a 5'5" draft. I was in there once and I had to go in at high tide and I only draw 4'. Even at high tide there were times my depth sounder read 0 (I have it set for depth under the keels). After having talk with the "mechanic" I decided I was much better off doing my own repair. This was about 5 years ago and I don't know what it's like under the new management, but I seriously doubt that the entrance channel has changed for the better.
Captain Bill is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2020, 05:05   #20
ub1

Boat: 45' leopard cat

Have gone in with 4.5 ‘ in a 45x25 catamaran, 4 years ago. High tide it can be done. Should be roughly marked. It’s a channel cut years ago by horses and locals. Strongly advise them to talk you in to stay within the channel. Had a good experience with them back then. I do not know about the supposed new management.
ub1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2020, 10:16   #21

Boat: 2002 Hunter 450/ 1987 Dehler 25

A lot of DIY yards will not allow you to do your own bottom, everything else is probably OK but the EPA demands ground protection to prevent run off.
Dehler 25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2020, 10:37   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by WindwardPrinces View Post
The cheapest boatyard is wherever you can get the work done the fastest and spend the least time.
Yes indeed
slug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2020, 10:39   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dehler 25 View Post
A lot of DIY yards will not allow you to do your own bottom, everything else is probably OK but the EPA demands ground protection to prevent run off.
Antifouling bottoms is a very important profit streams for boat yards
slug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2020, 16:30   #24

Amazing nobody mentioned 3D in Stock Island. Did my bottom there. A couple bozo contractors there but DIY is the way to go.
They all charge you a fee for paint not bought from them.
Happydrv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2020, 05:04   #25

Boat: Swan 44 Mk II

Try Riverside Marina in Ft. Pierce, FL. It is a reasonably priced DYI yard but allows pro workers if you want. But there are two yards under the same name in the same space (weird), but you want the North Yard. (772) 464-5720 and ask for Sally. I'll be hauling there for hurricane season.
Roniszoro is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
boat, florida, price