Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > General Classifieds (no boats)
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 24-07-2019, 23:32   #16

Re: Ham radio, Pactor modem and antenna tuner

Quote:
Originally Posted by kahiba View Post
After a 10- year circumnavigation when I used this setup daily my cruising is now limited to shorter bay and coastal voyages so I no longer have any need for this stuff. For ocean voyaging its definitely some of the most important gear to carry, being able to always send and receive emails like grib files and being able to communicate with fellow cruisers when out of vhf range. The screen on the radio has gone a bit dark but can still be read, otherwise everything is in good condition. The radio is an ICOM IC-706 MkllG, the modem a Pactor SCS PTC-2E and the tuner is an ICOM AH-4 automatic tuner.
I'm asking $150 for the radio, $450 for the modem with cables and $200 for the tuner. Cheers, Gunnar
Changed my mind re this radio and have bought a new LCD from ICOM for 50 bucks and will now have a radio as new again. Might come in handy one day if I'm out of phone and vhf range! Apologies to anyone who was interested.
kahiba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-07-2019, 03:42   #17
Marine Service Provider

Boat: Cabo Rico 34

Interesting..was it a new (separation) ‘Head’ ? FYI...Icom partially supports/repairs the 706 series...
AA3JY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-07-2019, 20:35   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by AA3JY View Post
Interesting..was it a new (separation) ‘Head’ ? FYI...Icom partially supports/repairs the 706 series...
Its a new LCD, the last one they had in stock (in Melbourne, Australia), and they won't be getting any more in as they don't support this radio any more being too old.
Old 25-07-2019, 20:59   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by kahiba View Post
After a 10- year circumnavigation when I used this setup daily my cruising is now limited to shorter bay and coastal voyages so I no longer have any need for this stuff. For ocean voyaging its definitely some of the most important gear to carry, being able to always send and receive emails like grib files and being able to communicate with fellow cruisers when out of vhf range. The screen on the radio has gone a bit dark but can still be read, otherwise everything is in good condition. The radio is an ICOM IC-706 MkllG, the modem a Pactor SCS PTC-2E and the tuner is an ICOM AH-4 automatic tuner.
I'm asking $150 for the radio, $450 for the modem with cables and $200 for the tuner. Cheers, Gunnar
This has now been sold. Thank you to everybody who has responded to this thread.

Tags
antenna, modem, pactor, radio