Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > General Classifieds (no boats)
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 13-11-2017, 17:51   #1

Boat: 130' Wooden sailing Ketch
Have you thought about sharing....?

Last Vintage is a 31 meter, 200 tonne wooden sailing ketch. Recently fully refurbished (over $800,000 Aussie dollars spent) the vessel was originally built in Fiji in 1984.
Me, a retired winemaker, my friend, a retired airline captain and two young crew are setting sail from Brisbane (Australia) to the Mediterranean vis SE Asia early in 2018.
We are looking for one or possibly two likeminded, single and unnattached retirees to join us. The idea is that the boat will be owned equally by the three or four of us, expenses will be shared in proportion to ownership, shares in the boat will always be fixed in value (approx $250K AUD). Existing owners will undertake to purchase any retiring shares.
The boat has 7 large cabins all with ensuits and queen sized beds plus bunks in some cabins. This is a luxury boat fitted with the latest electronic equipment and in tip top condition. We have 4kW of solar and make our own water so are pretty much 'off the grid'
Yes, this is a bit out of left field but since retiring a couple of years ago I have met literlly dozens of single formerally active retirees sitting at home 'waiting to die'! How manty friends do you know who play golf (or tennis, or bowls) in the morning go home and watch daytime TV for the rest of the day and more TV into the night. YUK YUK YUK.
Here is a chance to live life to the full and to have that one last great adventure!
Contact me through this site if interested and we can go from there
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20161025_124708.jpg
Views:	155
Size:	278.1 KB
ID:	159167  
Julian Alcorso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-11-2017, 18:28   #2
CF Adviser

Boat: Van Helleman Schooner 65ft StarGazer
Re: Have you thought about sharing....?

Good on ya Julian to create a vested situation for those with the means to participate in enjoying a wanderer's dream

For people our age:
Can you provide a little bit of added information on structure, planning and command decisions.....?

Who will be the Captain?
What is the planned itinerary?
Are girlfriends allowed?
How will this be legally structured?

With many years as a Superyacht captain, both power and sail, I would consider this, if I did not have my own schooner and first mate.

Click image for larger version

Name:	1510626506336.jpg
Views:	144
Size:	24.9 KB
ID:	159168
Pelagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-11-2017, 23:30   #3

Boat: 130' Wooden sailing Ketch
Re: Have you thought about sharing....?

Thanks for your response!
My idea may be a bit simplistic but there is an opportunity here for 2 or 3 retired people (not ruling out females) who have nothing going on in their daily lives and want to have some real fun and adventure, and yes, a little risk in their lives. My thinking is that I would sell say 1/3 each to two people or 1/4 each to 3 people or even 1/4 each to 2 people and keep 1/2 myself.
I really don't care which option, though I think I favour each partner having equal shares. An Australian registered ship (which we are) comes with 64 shares so it is a relatively simple matter.

How will this be legally structured? After 50 years in business my view would be to keep it SIMPLE. A simple legal agreement between the owners covering such things as sale of shares, sharing costs, dispute resolution and anything a meeting of the group and a good lawyer think appropriate.
Captain? Well I am at the moment but would gladly defer to someone more experienced!
Planned Itinerary? Whatever, wherever and whenever the group agree to go.
Note: having spent a lifetime planning stuff I would prefer to live the next 10-15 years without a plan! Well, perhaps a big picture plan to get to the Med....... But, if the group said why not go accross the Pacific instead then great let's go!
Are girlfriends allowed? That is an excellent question and one I am ambivalent about. Couples change the dynamics on board and can (not necessarily will) cause frictions. I really don't know is the short answer.
Naturally the boat is more than big enough to accomodate visiting family, friends and hangers on from time to time and I reckon this would be an important and fun part of the adventure.
Hope this helps...
Julian Alcorso is offline   Reply With Quote