Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 30-05-2017, 17:30   #1

Boat: 1974 Westsail 32
Heavy Duty Sewing Machines (2)

Sewing Machines for sale

1) Pfaff 130 HEAVY DUTY Sewing Machine. Comes with Monster Wheel, Hand Crank, and super strong 1.5 amp motor from Zeus Machines. It has also been professionally tuned. Machine is in absolutely beautiful condition. It will easily do everything that a Sailrite does, but at a fraction of the cost. It will sew through anything! Sailmakers and leatherworkers have been using these machines for years. Comes with extra bobbins, thread stand, double needle, straight stitch presser foot, and soft carry case, as well as a factory sewing light. Manuals can be downloaded for free online. A great resource for ANY questions regarding parts or technical support is the "Old Pfaff Pforum" in Yahoo Groups.
Machine is located in Newport, RI. Local pickup, or will ship at cost.
$300 firm

2) Pfaff 130-6 HEAVY DUTY Sewing Machine equipped with the 50010 embroidery attachment. It has just had a professional tune-up and a new super strong 1.5 amp Alpha Sew motor installed. The straight stitch and zig-zag work perfectly. The embroidery attachment is incredible! It will flawlessly sew 54 different patterns through multiple layers of sunbrella (I have sewn through 8 layers) giving your projects a beautiful and unique finish. This machine is just as pretty as my other 130, and is a great deal for anyone wanting the embroidery function. If you check on eBay for pricing you'll see how reasonably these two machines are priced. Manuals can be downloaded for free online. The "Old Pfaff Pforum", found on Yahoo Groups is a great resource for ANY parts or info you might need. The only maintenance requires is to keep them clean and well oiled with a high quality sewing machine oil (we use Kroil) and this machine will continue to perform for years to come. Also included is the suitcase style carry case. Extra parts include: foot petal, bobbins, extra needles, and a double needle.
Available for local pickup in Newport, RI, or I will ship at cost
$375 firm
westsailwill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2017, 12:12   #2

Re: Heavy Duty Sewing Machines (2)

Hi ! does the 130 HD do zigzag?
mike d. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2017, 13:18   #3

It will zig zag through 6 layers of Sunbrella very easily, and up to 8 layer using the hand crank. The zig zag pattern goes from tiny up to 6 mm. There is nothing on the boat that the Pfaff couldn't handle. From sails to leather. These machines have an incredible reputation.

Cheers,
Will
Old 01-06-2017, 13:56   #4

Boat: Gemini 105M 34
Send a message via Yahoo to captainstubbie

I was looking them up online and could not find the specs, do they have a walking foot or not?
Old 01-06-2017, 14:01   #5

Both machines are identical in features and capabilities with the exception that the 130-6 has the awesome embroidery attachment that is pretty incredible for such a heavy duty machine, and the 130 has the monster wheel and hand crank for going through multiple layers of heavy fabrics. The heavy spoked "monster" wheel and hand crank can be purchased for the embroidery 106-6 machine from Zeus Machines online. They specialize in restoration and sales of these classics.I have posted some pics of the two machines. Check out the overall condition of them. They are really in beautiful shape. No sailor would be disappointed with either one. I can post more photos on request. Do a close-up on the blue sewing sample to see the embroidery and zig zag stitching through 4 layer of Sunbrella.

Cheers,
Will
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2950.jpg
Views:	215
Size:	417.9 KB
ID:	148938   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2956.jpg
Views:	177
Size:	419.6 KB
ID:	148939  

Name:	IMG_2958.jpg
Views:	179
Size:	419.0 KB
ID:	148940   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2961.jpg
Views:	197
Size:	412.0 KB
ID:	148941  

Name:	IMG_2963.jpg
Views:	198
Size:	416.9 KB
ID:	148942   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2967.jpg
Views:	192
Size:	420.2 KB
ID:	148943  

Old 01-06-2017, 14:15   #6

Hi,
I'm interested in the non-embroidery version: the 130HD. I will need to have it shipped. How do you want to arrange this?
Thanks,
GD
GringoDingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2017, 15:22   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by GringoDingo View Post
Hi,
I'm interested in the non-embroidery version: the 130HD. I will need to have it shipped. How do you want to arrange this?
Thanks,
GD
You would send me a Private Message with your email address and shipping information. I would determine the shipping costs. I would then email that information to you. If those costs are agreeable to you, I would then email you a Paypal invoice. As soon as I receive conformation of payment from Paypal, I would immediately ship the machine to you. This whole process usually take no more than 24 hours.

Will
Old 01-06-2017, 15:43   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by captainstubbie View Post
I was looking them up online and could not find the specs, do they have a walking foot or not?
It does not have a walking foot, but for almost all application you don't really need it. A roller foot is an inexpensive option (ebay $10) that works really well. You can also play around adjusting the feed dogs depending on what fabric you are sewing.

Will
Old 02-06-2017, 08:39   #9

Boat: Laguna 30

See what happens when I wait until payday?
Old 02-06-2017, 16:02   #10

(SOLD)
1) Pfaff 130 HEAVY DUTY Sewing Machine. Comes with Monster Wheel, Hand Crank, and super strong 1.5 amp motor from Zeus Machines. It has also been professionally tuned. Machine is in absolutely beautiful condition. It will easily do everything that a Sailrite does, but at a fraction of the cost. It will sew through anything! Sailmakers and leatherworkers have been using these machines for years. Comes with extra bobbins, thread stand, double needle, straight stitch presser foot, and soft carry case, as well as a factory sewing light. Manuals can be downloaded for free online. A great resource for ANY questions regarding parts or technical support is the "Old Pfaff Pforum" in Yahoo Groups.
Machine is located in Newport, RI. Local pickup, or will ship at cost.
$300 firm (SOLD)

(STILL AVAILABLE)
2) Pfaff 130-6 HEAVY DUTY Sewing Machine equipped with the 50010 embroidery attachment. It has just had a professional tune-up and a new super strong 1.5 amp Alpha Sew motor installed. The straight stitch and zig-zag work perfectly. The embroidery attachment is incredible! It will flawlessly sew 54 different patterns through multiple layers of sunbrella (I have sewn through 8 layers) giving your projects a beautiful and unique finish. This machine is just as pretty as my other 130, and is a great deal for anyone wanting the embroidery function. If you check on eBay for pricing you'll see how reasonably these two machines are priced. Manuals can be downloaded for free online. The "Old Pfaff Pforum", found on Yahoo Groups is a great resource for ANY parts or info you might need. The only maintenance requires is to keep them clean and well oiled with a high quality sewing machine oil (we use Kroil) and this machine will continue to perform for years to come. Also included is the suitcase style carry case. Extra parts include: foot petal, bobbins, extra needles, and a double needle.
Available for local pickup in Newport, RI, or I will ship at cost
$375 firm
Old 02-06-2017, 16:08   #11

Boat: Laguna 30

Just out of curiosity, could you get a shipping price to zip code 17225 on the other machine please?
Old 02-06-2017, 17:43   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by keith4001r View Post
Just out of curiosity, could you get a shipping price to zip code 17225 on the other machine please?
Keith thanks for the interest. Shipping to 17225 would be approximately $50.

FYI. The "embroidery attachment " (#50010) on the 130-6 machine is no frilly toy. It is a beefy, industrial quality piece of equipment. It is fully mechanical, with no electronics whatsoever. The designs, (it does at least 54 of them) are not cutesy at all. They are big, bold, and sharp and they are really cool! You would be amazed how you can incorporate these designs into your projects. I have sewn these design easily through four layers of Sunbrella.
You can also use the 130-6 without ever using this function. It sews EXACTLY the same as the 130 model. (It will sew up to a 6mm zig zag)They are identical in every respect except that the 130-6 has the attachment.
If you plan on using the machine for sewing multiple layers of heavy fabrics on a regular basic, I would recommend purchasing the heavy spoked "monster" wheel from Zeus Machines. It will just give it that much more power. And with the spoked wheel you can also use a hand crank attachment. Zeus Machines also sell these. This machine has also been upgraded to the very powerful 1.5 amp motor.

These are great machines that will last for many, many years, as long as you keep them well oiled and don't abuse them.

Cheers,
Will
Old 04-06-2017, 14:37   #13

Sorry, that one has been sold, but the second unit is still available.

Cheers,
Will
Old 06-06-2017, 03:51   #14

How much shipping to zip code 96915? Thx.
stagilmore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2017, 04:45   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by stagilmore View Post
How much shipping to zip code 96915? Thx.
Guam.... Probably too much

Tags
sewing machine