Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > General Classifieds (no boats)
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-12-2021, 12:32   #1

Hughes 9201 Portable BGAN Terminal with Airtime

I have a Hughes 9201 BGAN terminal I bought for an Atlantic Crossing, which could be a low cost method of getting broadband/midband internet onto your cruising boat.

Details on the Hughes website - https://www.hughes.com/technologies/...arsat-terminal.

This terminal worked fine for me at sea, and pointing it to the geostationary satellites was super easy using the LiveWire BGAN pointing app.

I have updated both the firmware and the PIC software on the terminal to the latest versions. It comes with a UK 3-pin 240v adaptor, and a 12v adaptor, both of which are aftermarket. It uses very little power in operation.

The battery that is in it doesn’t work, and would need replacing if you wanted that feature.

I bought a 55mb valid for 180 days SIM card from Sea-Tech Systems on here. It has about 25mb of data left, and will expire around the 17th May. This is included in the sale. There are loads of really good BGAN subscriptions out there, and you can actually now get GB of data for a reasonable price - so this will even do streaming and similar from your boat!

The terminal is currently with me in the Caribbean, but will be back to the UK next week. I can post it anywhere in the world at cost.

Asking £320.
JimboSailing is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
Hughes