Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > General Classifieds (no boats)
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 16-03-2018, 02:58   #1
cruiser

Boat: magbeTVE
Send a message via ICQ to Safc Send a message via AIM to Safc Send a message via Yahoo to Safc Send a message via Skype™ to Safc
ICOM IC-M505 programming software (Cs-m504 Clone Software)

Hello all,

After being quoted more than 100 euro in Italy to have my MMSI number of my Icom IC-M505 VHF changed, I decided to go ahead and try to change the number myself. For this I require the programming software for this radio...

If anybody is willing to help me or point me in the right direction where to download this software for free, please let me know below or by sending a PM.

Forever grateful :-)

Brgds,
SAFC
Safc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-2018, 12:14   #2
cruiser

Send a message via ICQ to Safc Send a message via AIM to Safc Send a message via Yahoo to Safc Send a message via Skype™ to Safc
Re: ICOM IC-M505 programming software (Cs-m504 Clone Software)

Nobody ?
Old 17-03-2018, 13:49   #3

Boat: Outbound 44

You might try searching Ebay for icom 505 programming cable. Then you will need to search out the programming software that is around on the web.
Old 21-03-2018, 01:46   #4
cruiser

Obviously I did that :-)
Old 21-03-2018, 02:50   #5

Boat: plastic production boat, suitable for deep blue water ;)

No, you don't need software (for this model radio), that is, if the MMSI has not been changed after the first time when new. So, the owner can do it twice before it becomes an Icom technician job, or as you indicate: likely a software thing.

I am pretty sure it is in the manual, I have done it three times (on different radios) for the 504 and 505 models.
If you need to know how to do that.... I can check tomorrow on the boat where I keep the manuals.
There was also another thread approx 18 months ago on the same topic. I can find that when I have more time.
Old 21-03-2018, 02:52   #6

Boat: SY Wake: 53' Amel Super Maramu

Quote:
Originally Posted by HankOnthewater View Post
No, you don't need software (for this model radio), that is, if the MMSI has not been changed after the first time when new. So, the owner can do it twice before it becomes an Icom technician job, or as you indicate: likely a software thing.

I am pretty sure it is in the manual, I have done it three times (on different radios) for the 504 and 505 models.
If you need to know how to do that.... I can check tomorrow on the boat where I keep the manuals.
There was also another thread approx 18 months ago on the same topic. I can find that when I have more time.
BUMP YES PLEASE I'm in the same boat! Getting set to ship off my ICOM, but if anyone can help out with this, I am all ears (and will buy you your weight in cheap beer if I ever see you on the water)
Sojourner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-2018, 07:00   #7
cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by HankOnthewater View Post

My manual says it can be entered only once... So very curious to hear how it can be changed??

Ps what is a "normal" price for a dealer to ask to change the mmsi ?
Brgds
Old 21-03-2018, 08:09   #8

Boat: Outbound 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Safc View Post
Obviously I did that :-)
Sorry, it wasn't obvious to me .
And did you see the ICOM programming cables there from the various vendors?
Paul L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-2018, 17:29   #9

Boat: plastic production boat, suitable for deep blue water ;)

Sorry a bit later than promised, see attached scans for manuals, hmmm my scanner either provided PDF files that were too big for CF or this one which is really small. If the resolution is not high enough, let me know and I'll have another go at it.

I got the manuals from my boat. I have these 2 units, and reprogrammed both of these for a second me. I feel sorry for the guy/girl who eventually will buy my boat, he/she can't do it himself anymore....... but then again, by that time these units will be nearly antique, and require updating anyway.

Of the 4 pages in the scan only the first 2 pages!!
Page #1 is for Icom M602 (that is page 18 scanned), that unit came with the boat
Page #2 is for Icom M504 (that is page 15 scanned), this unit I purchased new, took it from my old boat and is now on my boat as backup
Icom M505 is a model that is virtually identical to '504' but destined for different markets (ie Oz), I reprogrammed them as well (for other boats).

Edit...... now I starting to doubt myself, if the 3 other units I re-programmed were the 505 models.... I know they were purchased new in Oz.....therefore I assumed them to be '505' models

Hope this helps.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Icom MMSI small pdf.pdf (38.9 KB, 467 views)
Old 23-03-2018, 20:16   #10

Interesting, the IC-M505 manual from Icom UK says code programming can only be performed once....

Pg: 15

https://www.icomuk.co.uk/files/icom/...ion_manual.pdf

US IC-M504 says twice for this unit....

Pg: 15

M504 Downloads - Icom America

.....and just checking my Aus IC-604A it says programming can be done twice. I wonder if country where units are sold have something to do with programming/re-programming requirements, many countries have differing requirements that manufacturers have to meet if they want to sell their products there....

Sorry, can't help with software....

Be Brave, Take Risks, Nothing Can Substitute Experience
IslandHopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2021, 15:10   #11

Boat: Marie Jeanne 43

Works fine with a EU M-504. Thanks.
PiAn is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
icom, software