Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > General Classifieds (no boats)
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 16-08-2020, 04:30   #1

Location: Currently on the boat, somewhere on the ocean, living the dream
Boat: Morgan 461 S/Y Flying Pig
Send a message via Skype™ to skipgundlach
In Beaufort NC - Pickup ONLY: Free to good home - extensive flat charts, Maptech Cha

In Beaufort NC - Pickup ONLY: Free to good home - extensive flat charts, Maptech Chartkits - some with CDs, cruising guides and waterway guides

You may have read about our swamping (Off we go into the wild blue yonder, Part II). In the course of a deep cleaning, stuff we either have not used recently nor anticipate using soon is being liberated from Flying Pig.

From Maine to Key West, and a goodly chunk of the Eastern Caribbean, we have charts, guide books, flat charts, Chartkits, Waterway Guides and other useful stuff for those who will cruise those waters.

Many of the chartkits have the plastic sleeves, and some have the Nav program CDs. Some are brand new and others date back as far as 2008.

It's all neatly packed into two of the classic blue Chartkit carrying bags. Bring your gorilla, because while I've not put them on a scale, I'd be astounded if they didn't aggregate well over 50 pounds.

If you can visualize the size of a Chartkit, think of that space about a foot high.

NO, I WON'T SHIP these. I'm beyond too busy. They're free.

And, to my regret, unlike the last such giveaway (which I organized for someone else), I have not taken time to itemize the contents. They're free, and as described. You get a BUNCH of books, either spiral or flat bound, a BUNCH of Chartkits (I think there is every one from Nova Scotia to the FL Keys) or equivalent in the Caribbean, and a couple of inches thick worth of paper charts, all of which will allow navigation and planning for the US East Coast. There are many Caribbean ones, too, including two chartkits which are unopened.

Don't ask. I won't ship, under any inducement. They're free, and if you want to cherry pick, you'll do it on your own time and space; if you want to share it around I'm thrilled.

Some form of timestamp notice (e.g. not a phone call) would be good to get your place in line, as I will be very busy in other endeavors, and likely would not hear your call.

I'm VERY happy to pass these along - under those conditions. I hope they get a lot of use in their new home!

You are welcome to share it around; the Admiral demands that it leave the boat. Being the frugal guy I am, I refuse to toss stuff which is perfectly good, and prefer to find a new home.

First come, first serve, all or nothing (see above about the Admiral). You can email me skipgundlach@gmail.com, call or text 770-887-0397 (though a call may not be answered if I'm upside down in the bilge or some other complication, or messenger me. I'll use the time stamp as my guide as to who gets it (first come, first serve, local pickup only) at the Jarrett Bay Boat Works in Beaufort

L8R

Skip
PS I'll follow up when they're gone...

I expect to pass this way but once; any good therefore that I can do,
or any kindness that I can show to any fellow creature, let me do it
now.
Let me not defer or neglect it, for I shall not pass this way again.

- Etienne Griellet
Morgan 461 #2 SV Flying Pig, KI4MPC
See our galleries at www.justpickone.org/skip/gallery!
skipgundlach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-08-2020, 05:07   #2

Boat: Passport 42
Re: In Beaufort NC - Pickup ONLY: Free to good home - extensive flat charts, Maptech

Pity we are restricted due to Covid (Victoria, Aus) otherwise I would have been on a plane.
Good on you for passing it on!
ozzieKochie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-08-2020, 05:52   #3

Location: Currently on the boat, somewhere on the ocean, living the dream
Boat: Morgan 461 S/Y Flying Pig
Send a message via Skype™ to skipgundlach
Re: In Beaufort NC - Pickup ONLY: Free to good home - extensive flat charts, Maptech

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozzieKochie View Post
Pity we are restricted due to Covid (Victoria, Aus) otherwise I would have been on a plane.
Good on you for passing it on!
Glad to have helped a fellow cruiser going north for the first time, they're

Gone...
Morgan 461 #2 SV Flying Pig, KI4MPC
See our galleries at www.justpickone.org/skip/gallery!
skipgundlach is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
beaufort, charts, maptech