Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-09-2018, 19:57   #1

Boat: Catalina 470
Lewmar 16ST Holdfast winches

Hello, looking for a pair of Lewmar 16ST Holdfast winches, made in the late 70's and early 80's. As long as they are functional and complete, cosmetics is not that important. They don't have to be serviced or cleaned or anything, I can take care of that. Broken pawls and springs are also easily replaceable. If you only have one, I still am interested.

Reason for this particular winch is that the bolt pattern lines up perfectly to replace the non-self tailing winches on my mast. I found one at a nautical flea market, and it fit and worked perfectly. So if I can just find two more...

I'm in the Fort Lauderdale area. And yes, I did look at Sailorman yesterday to see if they had any :-)

Thanks,
David
Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” – Mark Twain
Davidhoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-2018, 13:58   #2
Marine Service Provider

Boat: 22 Charles Crosby Catboat
Re: Lewmar 16ST Holdfast winches

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davidhoy View Post
Hello, looking for a pair of Lewmar 16ST Holdfast winches, made in the late 70's and early 80's. As long as they are functional and complete, cosmetics is not that important. They don't have to be serviced or cleaned or anything, I can take care of that. Broken pawls and springs are also easily replaceable. If you only have one, I still am interested.

Reason for this particular winch is that the bolt pattern lines up perfectly to replace the non-self tailing winches on my mast. I found one at a nautical flea market, and it fit and worked perfectly. So if I can just find two more...

I'm in the Fort Lauderdale area. And yes, I did look at Sailorman yesterday to see if they had any :-)

Thanks,
David
David,
these sound hard to find....
If you would like assistance locating them, PM your email.
I'll take it from there.
Old 13-09-2018, 16:54   #3

Boat: Catalina 470

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatBoatDoug View Post
David,
these sound hard to find....
If you would like assistance locating them, PM your email.
I'll take it from there.
Thanks! Unfortunately this is now moot as my boat was destroyed on Sunday by a 100ft motor yacht that lost control and hit my boat and another at the dock. Waiting for the official word from a surveyor, but it’s a total loss.
Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” – Mark Twain
Davidhoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-09-2018, 05:44   #4
Marine Service Provider

Boat: 22 Charles Crosby Catboat

Quote:
Thanks! Unfortunately this is now moot as my boat was destroyed on Sunday by a 100ft motor yacht that lost control and hit my boat and another at the dock. Waiting for the official word from a surveyor, but it’s a total loss.
And I thought I was having a bad day................
Good Luck
Doug
Old 14-09-2018, 14:13   #5

Boat: C&C 34

Quote:

Sorry to hear that. Best of luck.
Opie91 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
lewmar, winch