Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 26-01-2022, 20:07   #1

Pfaff 130

Hello everyone,

I just made an account here, so I understand if it looks bad for me to be selling something as my first post, but I bought this sewing machine directly off someone's sailboat, and I know sailors have a love for this specific machine, so would rather post it here before craigslist or offerup.

I have a Pfaff 130 in very good shape that I want to sell, I just have too many sewing machines right now. You should be able to sew everything except the clews of sails, which you can then sew by hand or take to someone that has an industrial machine. You can get a bigger hand wheel for it if you want to use it without a motor on your boat. It currently has a .9 amp 110v motor. The heaviest thread I have used with it is tex75, which is heavy duty for a home machine. This is not an industrial sewing machine. It can, however, sew through a lot more than most domestic sewing machines. It runs so smoothly and is really nice to use. It can sew very fine material really well, too.

If you want a machine for keeping on your boat to fix or make things and not take up the space or amount of money that a sailrite machine would, this is it. It has some limitations as far as the heaviest duty things you might need a sewing machine on your sailboat for, but as far as domestic, non walking foot machines go, it would be hard to do better.

The person I bought it from made all new sails for their boat with it. It has a small amount of rust on the chrome parts ( it lived on a boat) but otherwise is in great condition for a machine that was built in 1951. It sews beautifully.

I bought it for $140 and would like to let it go for the same price. That price is for the machine and motor only. They sell for $400 or more at my local "sewpros" - a place that sells refurbished vintage machines. I have it in a table that I can add with it for an additional $20, as well as a new foot control for another $20. If you don't want the table or foot control (or motor) that is fine.

I tried to attach images but some whacky things happened. I'll try again after posting this but I thought it was deleted when I tried to attach an image so for now I'm just going to post.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20220126_200206.jpg
Views:	97
Size:	423.7 KB
ID:	252015  
Oceanside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-01-2022, 20:22   #2

Boat: Southwind 21 et al.
Re: Pfaff 130

Looks like a nice machine.

Where is the sewing machine located?
Price and location are req'd for the Classifieds
Old 26-01-2022, 20:24   #3

Boat: Jon Sayer 1-off 46 ft fract rig sloop strip plank in W Red Cedar
Re: Pfaff 130

Where are you located? Useful info in an add, and required for all ads by forum rules.

And the Pfaff is a good machine!

Jim