Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-07-2024, 11:32   #1

Quality Hookah System

Hey, all. I'm looking to purchase a quality hookah system. Will be dock based and needs to be supported by Airline/J Sink, Brownie, or the like. Not interested in converted (shop compressor) systems. Will need to be within driving distance or shippable to the Central Oregon Coast. Have cash, ready to jump on the right deal. Thank you, happy sailing!
Jon Ramos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2024, 13:22   #2
Marine Service Provider

Boat: Elan 45 impression
Re: Quality Hookah System

https://nuvair.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=Hookah+dive
Nardi Extreme 3T 15 bar
pick this 15 bar
more is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2024, 07:02   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Ramos View Post
Not interested in converted (shop compressor) systems.
Oh, well, then you don't want anything by Airline/J Sink, Brownie, or the like. All of their systems use air compressors that are "converted." That is, they were not originally designed and built to supply compressed air systems, but for general, shop-compressor type purposes.

In fact, NO ONE makes an air compressor specifically for hookah systems. Every single one of the commercial hookah systems available today uses a compressor that was originally designed and built for other purposes. They simply buy standard air compressors and install them in their hookah system.

Don't get me wrong. I'm not saying that you shouldn't buy a Brownie or an Airline, if that's what you want. You should. Just don't fool yourself into thinking that by doing so you are getting some special air compressor that is made specifically for hookah systems.
denverd0n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2024, 02:12   #4

Boat: Nautitech 40 (2005)

Quote:
Originally Posted by denverd0n View Post
Oh, well, then you don't want anything by Airline/J Sink, Brownie, or the like. All of their systems use air compressors that are "converted." That is, they were not originally designed and built to supply compressed air systems, but for general, shop-compressor type purposes.

In fact, NO ONE makes an air compressor specifically for hookah systems. Every single one of the commercial hookah systems available today uses a compressor that was originally designed and built for other purposes. They simply buy standard air compressors and install them in their hookah system.

Don't get me wrong. I'm not saying that you shouldn't buy a Brownie or an Airline, if that's what you want. You should. Just don't fool yourself into thinking that by doing so you are getting some special air compressor that is made specifically for hookah systems.
Well said..
chris in SG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2024, 10:25   #5

Okay, thanks to all. I'll get it figured out. I am coming from a commercial background and also a recreational instructor since 1985. Both of these industries have established standards for compressed gas standards. Easily portable surface supply systems are new to me but I am finding out that Thomas and Gast pumps, both, have a few offerings that are reasonably priced. The major reason I am being particular is that the use will not be occasional, brief, use. Rather, it would be 2-3 days/week for several hours at a time. This greatly increases the exposure of the lungs to anything inappropriate. I've done a good job of keeping my lungs healthy throughout 39 years of diving and wish to continue to do so. Have a great day and, thanks again.
Jon Ramos is offline   Reply With Quote