Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > General Classifieds (no boats)
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 27-05-2018, 09:21   #1

Travel companion boat to west end bahamas

Hello, I am looking for a companion boat (traveling Lake Worth Fl to West end Bahamas.) Planning to leave approx 6/5/18. We have a 22 knot motor yacht. Not really looking for a side by side boat trip but close departure time and contact info in case of any concerns or problems along the way.

If interested text 8457971229

Thanks Hank
hemmen47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-05-2018, 09:37   #2
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Pearson 422
Re: Travel companion boat to west end bahamas

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemmen47 View Post
Hello, I am looking for a companion boat (traveling Lake Worth Fl to West end Bahamas.) Planning to leave approx 6/5/18. We have a 22 knot motor yacht. Not really looking for a side by side boat trip but close departure time and contact info in case of any concerns or problems along the way.

Thanks Hank
Hi Hank and welcome to the forum.

If you just want to make sure there's another boat within shouting distance I wouldn't be concerned. I've made that crossing 10-12 times and there was almost always a boat or two in sight and any time I couldn't see another boat it was very short lived and one popped up within 20-30 minutes.

This is also a very common route so any good weather window there will be a number of boats crossing. Last time I did this route, even though it was a little rough, when I got to West End (at the end of the day) there were two boats that had just arrived and three more showed up the next am.

Just make sure your VHF is in good condition, maybe have a handheld as a backup in case you lose power.
skipmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-05-2018, 09:49   #3
Marine Service Provider

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Re: Travel companion boat to west end bahamas

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemmen47 View Post

Thanks Hank
Howdy Hank.

Since you have an interest in an Buddy Boat, the previous discussions found via this link may help you with some tips on the crossing, checking in, and how best to travel with another boat.

https://cse.google.com/cse?cx=011403...892j1032038j10

This thread in particular is focused on getting to West End Bahamas with a Buddy Boat, etc.

https://cse.google.com/cse?cx=011403...892j1032038j10

hope that helps.
Steadman Uhlich is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
Bahamas, boat