Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > General Classifieds (no boats)
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-03-2021, 12:25   #1

Boat: Corbin 39 Pilot House, Tayana 42
Want to buy Asymmetrical Spinnaker

Hi there! slowly getting ready for the circumnavigation on my Tayana 42 and looking to buy an asymmetrical spinnaker. I know many of us have, or had one, (including myself) and very often they are not getting any use. So, if you happen to have one that would fit my boat and would like to free that space in your sail locker, let me know please.
henryk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2021, 11:10   #2

Boat: 46 ft cutter
Re: Want to buy Asymmetrical Spinnaker

Asym’s for your size boat are bulky and awkward to ship. It might help your quest if you were explicit in your location, as CF (and other) forum members don’t always update their user information.
If you are near La Paz, Baja California, I have several asym’s (with dousing socks) that probably will work on your Tayana. No interest at all in trying to figure out shipping and duties from Mexico to Canada.
PirateGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2021, 07:38   #3

Thanks for the advice. Should have posted the shipping destination. I might pick it myself if it's on the west coast of US from Canada to Mexico or between San Diego and Florida. We'll be driving there in early September
Old 05-03-2021, 10:33   #4

Boat: Pearson 323, Tayana V42CC

Quote:
Originally Posted by henryk View Post
Hi there! slowly getting ready for the circumnavigation on my Tayana 42 and looking to buy an asymmetrical spinnaker. I know many of us have, or had one, (including myself) and very often they are not getting any use. So, if you happen to have one that would fit my boat and would like to free that space in your sail locker, let me know please.
Do you have a Tayana 42 or a Tayana Vancouver 42? The V42 usually has a taller mast.

Might want to add your "I" Dimension (55') if a V42 and what your hoist from Tack to Head will be. No idea if there's a list some place of boats that would have a similar hoist/I dimension but a Catalina 42 spinnaker would fit the Tayana V42

You might try putting something up on the TOG newsgroup.

Let me know if you find two of them. I have a symmetrical one on my V42CC and am not getting any younger.
Scubaseas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2021, 06:50   #5

All Tayanas 42 are "Vancouver". I did own a Tayana 42CC when cruising with the whole family. Great interior lay out, not much room for mechanical stuff. I'm a happy owner owner of T42 AC now and liked as much as I did my old CC.I think the only option for me now would be a geanker. To old to deal with the unruly sails. Where is your Tayana?
Old 06-03-2021, 08:47   #6

Boat: Pearson 323, Tayana V42CC

Quote:
Originally Posted by henryk View Post
All Tayanas 42 are "Vancouver". I did own a Tayana 42CC when cruising with the whole family. Great interior lay out, not much room for mechanical stuff. I'm a happy owner owner of T42 AC now and liked as much as I did my old CC.I think the only option for me now would be a geanker. To old to deal with the unruly sails. Where is your Tayana?
There are a few people on the Tayana Owners Group that would disagree with you. Ta Yang yard built quite a few 40 to 42' boats (like Baba 40, Tayana 42, Tayana Vancouver 42) and if I recall you could get a Perry designed 42' from Ta Yang. Lookd like a stretched out T37. The Ellis design of which they made 201 of are the Vancouver 42.

Bacon Sails has a few used gennakers and spinnakers listed for sale. Their data base also has both Tayana 42 and Tayana Vancouver 42 (with different mast heights). Furlers go a long way to tame big sails. I used a Doyle UPS on my old boat a lot as it was on a furler. Bear to handle solo if it wasn't and much easier than a sock. I bought (but haven't used yet) a Facnor furler that is capable of both top down and bottom up furling.

My new to me, boy it needs work V42CC is currently in Seabrook, Texas. I'm in Maine waiting for vaccine.
Scubaseas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-2021, 19:29   #7

I dont have the spinnaker but I have an ATN sock in good condition. Asking $400.
Sirocco is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
asymmetric, cal, spinnaker