Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 27-05-2020, 15:19   #1

Boat: none yet, hopefully soon!
WANTED: MENTOR!

Howdy,

I recently came across a post where somebody asked for a free catamaran, and ended up being offered a 38 footer! While I'd love to attempt the same request and it may be easier to just sail away, I don't think this would be a great decision on my part, at the moment at least - thus I'm putting up a wanted posted in search of a mentor .

5 years ago I made my first post on CF (asking about your story of how you came to afford the cruising lifestyle), after making the crazy decision to leave college, buy a one-way plane ticket, and go island-hopping in the Caribbean. It wasn't a vacation, but rather a do-or-die moment where I had to get out of the constant busyness of life as-we-know-it, toxic/abusive family relationships, and get reinspired to reposition myself. I had never thought about boats before then; it was my first time sailing and I immediately caught the sailing bug/lifestyle.

Fast forward to today, I finished my degree in Electrical Engineering with a minor in Industrial Design, and even ended up with a Master's in EE (despite my indifference). I proposed and led the development of a pretty substantial project related to home energy management and grid electrical systems (however was recently demoted and in the process of being ousted from my professor's company). I've saved, invested in the market, and even moved into my car (which I had converted into a campervan outfitted with a Li-Ion pack & induction cooktop).

While I can certainly count my blessings and how far I've come/what I've achieved, I can't help but still feel stuck - stuck in my current "reality". I know in order for things to change, there has to be a shift in "reality". But I can't seem to find any open doors, or make a door from the wall. I know I can do more. I know I can do better, be it interpersonal interactions, business, investing, real estate, negotiations, etc. So this is me putting vibes out into the universe, calling for a mentor.
unlimited is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
men, wanted