Cruisers Forum

Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-09-2020, 08:01   #16

Boat: Morgan Moorings 50
Re: WARNING- SCAMMER ON FORUMS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fbfisher View Post
PayPal will handle the refund, not your bank. File a claim with PayPal, save the evidence to send to them as part of your claim, they will give the seller time to respond, or you can expedite the closure of the claim and they will come to a conclusion as to the validity of your claim. Assuming they agree with your description of the transaction, you’ll have your money back quickly.
Thanks- I was trying to figure out how to start a claim with paypal and I figured it out. Appreciate the help
Old 09-09-2020, 09:44   #17

Boat: 1983 Shannon 28

Posted the following on Tech Support and Site Help:

Churchwilliam should have been banned weeks ago before this happened to Ddabs. On August 17 I received a similar pm from him regarding my Aries windvane wanted add. Same MO with his ( so-called) friend Robinsonmichael ( one and the same person as Churchwilliam I believe). He sent me stock pictures of an Aries vane that had been sold some years ago. I declined the offer suspecting a scam and reported the incident to the Webmaster as a potential scam that same day. Obviously nothing was investigated and no action was taken even though I noted in my note to the webmaster that the individual had no posts and had had his profile checked numerous times.

Only banning this scammer is pointless as he can easily appear again under another name and different ip.
Old 09-09-2020, 13:04   #18

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Moody 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg K View Post
. Obviously nothing was investigated and no action was taken even though I noted in my note to the webmaster that the individual had no posts and had had his profile checked numerous times.

Only banning this scammer is pointless as he can easily appear again under another name and different ip.
Action was taken, he and another 5 scammers were banned. As to investigation, please remember the unpaid moderators are ordinary members who volunteer to spend some of their time each week to keep the forum running smoothly.

However, you are correct, there will be more in the future, who we will deal with swiftly. There is a report button on a private message (little red and white triangle. Hit this and let us know your concerns.

Peter

Old 09-09-2020, 13:12   #19

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Moody 31

I am going to close this thread because we have a duplicate in the site and tech help forum and two are just confusing.

Peter

Closed Thread

Tags
forums, rum