Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 13-10-2021, 08:25   #1

watermaker parts

Giant P218 pump- freshly rebuilt with seal and valve kits from Giant, with NEMA electric motor mount
$250

Electric clutch pulley (pictured) and crank pulley (not pictured) for running the P218 pump from a Yanmar 4JH2E engine belt drive (not sure which other engines the crank pulley would fit, but probably other Yanmar)
$100

3/4HP Leeson electric motor- 1800 RPM
$130

Curtis PMC D.C. Motor Controller 1204-606 12V 275Amp (allows variable speed control for Leeson or other motor- way oversized for reliability)
$100

Misc pile of rotary vane pumps/ parts which I was going to study and modify for energy recovery:
$50 as pictured

Backstory: My boat came with a DIY watermaker consisting of the Giant pump driven by an engine belt drive. I wanted to power it from an electric motor instead, and was going to make my own "energy recovery pump" using a cheap vane motor. But before getting very far with the project, I decided to go with a Spectra/ Clark pump instead. These components are good for a DIY project to end up with a 20GPH watermaker for really low cost.

Buy it all for $500

Buyer pays shipping. I can deliver to boat show">Annapolis boat show this weekend

Call or Text 702 706 7148- my inbox tends to be full

Thanks!
markxengineerin is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
parts, water, watermaker