Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > General Classifieds (no boats)
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-11-2022, 16:10   #1

Yanmar 3QM30 Engine + Parting out 2nd 3QM30

Hi Everyone,

My dad had a great running 3QM30 until I hydrolocked it. I had to leave town on business so I had a mechanic come right down to take a look at it, he pulled the injectors and turned over the engine and then left. The mechanic ghosted me and I got back to town 4 days later. Unfortunately, the mechanic didn't start the engine or put any oil in the cylinders and it froze solid. We ended up pulling the engine that week and installing a new Yanmar a few weeks later.

So I have the engine that hydrolocked and I'm going to part out anything that people may need.

I also have a second 3QM30 that my dad had sitting in his basement for the last 30+ years. I'm pretty sure it will just start right up but I haven't tried that yet. I did turn it over by hand and it feels smooth.

I'll try to get some pictures tomorrow when it is light out.

Please let me know if you want pictures of anything in particular.

Both engines have the KH-18 transmission in good working order.

Thanks,
Kevin
kevincook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-11-2022, 10:00   #2

Re: Yanmar 3QM30 Engine + Parting out 2nd 3QM30

Where are you located? I’m on the west coast and prefer not to have to deal with shipping. Also, a price?

Thanks,

Neil
VTCrider is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
engine, yanmar