Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 26-06-2020, 16:26   #1

Boat: Nonsuch 30
Hamilton harbour

I probably should not say this, but I have been sailing on Lake Ontario for almost 50 years and have never visited Hamilton. Now one of the kids, and more importantly the twin 3-year old grandkids, live there so we want to visit. I assume RHYC will not be taking visitors this summer. I was wondering if there are good anchorage spots inside the harbour. Might be good to have some choice in various parts of the harbour depending on the weather forecast. If there are such spots near launch ramps or beaches where we would pick up the young folks that would be ideal. Thanks.
Old 19-08-2020, 05:23   #2

Re: Hamilton harbour

Hey

Not sure if you have traveled yet. Yes RHYC is taking visitors now. There are a couple of spots you can anchor in Hamilton, I have anchored here before a couple of times this year

https://goo.gl/maps/XoPp5MncMa5gz271A

Nice and private, very protected.
JJSimmons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-08-2020, 07:52   #3

Boat: Nonsuch 30
Re: Hamilton harbour

We went to Hamilton and stayed at RHYC. Very nice club and great docks - those must have cost a fortune. Missed the bridge going in by about three minutes with largish swells from the east so not that comfortable to kill time.