Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 14-01-2012, 16:38   #1

Boat: 36' 2001 Fortuna Island Spirit Catamaran
Atlantis Marine

In 2010 my boat was struck twice by lightening and an insurance nightmare ensued.... I'm going to post about that in another thread. But inside this nightmare there was a small gem. The repair facility that replaced all of our electronics, rewired the boat, and did a million things that were their responsibility..... The repair firm was Atlantis Marine in St Martin.

Just wanted to give a kudos and my hearty recommendation about Gui (the proprietor) and Atlantis Marine if you need any electrical work done.

We also dealt with Lagoon Marina and FKG rigging. Lagoon Marina was very understanding and patient with the weeks that turned to months and then nearly a year.... FKG rigging only had a small part in the repair and was only involved for two short periods, but the work was done quickly and for the price quoted. My payment was delayed and they were patient as well. I haven't seen the actual work yet as the crew is just about to set sail and bring it back in a few days, but I expect it will be professionally done.

Budget Marine had a few small parts as well, and the staff there today even stayed late to make sure my crew got what they needed to do some final work before setting off rather than making them wait till Monday.

Atlantis Marine however went beyond just doing the electrical (90% of the repairs to be honest though) and coordinated extra work at FKG, on the engines by a guy named Erik, dinghy repair, and much much more. Gui at Atlantis went far beyond what was required of them and really helped us out through the insurance company nightmare. Had Gui not helped with the extras I would have had to make several personal trips to St Martin or send someone at great expense.
PyotrBee is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
marine