Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Life Aboard a Boat > Boat Ownership & Making a Living
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-04-2023, 07:48   #1

Can anyone recommend a good Charter management company?

Greetings everyone!
I just bought a brand new Bali 4.2 catamaran and it is being delivered in a few months to Sicily. Unfortunately I received some bad news about our beloved 11 year old lab and she may not be with us much longer so we may need to delay our plans to sail the Med.

Does anyone know of a reputable, trustworthy charter company that can use my boat for the summer and I will use it in Oct? At least the boat will be taken care of and it will make some money while I'm not there.

I'd like to find a smaller family owned charter company that has good sailors for clients and not have a bunch of drunk partiers take the boat out for a weekend. This is my retirement home
Great Banana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2023, 09:38   #2

Boat: Colvin, Doxy
Re: Can anyone recommend a good Charter management company?

i'd recommend activity yachting in croatia, just the other side of the adriatic.
Talk to Gary, he manages the company like his own baby, and in fact it is, he's been there forever. It's a charter flotilla company that caters to families mostly. Not the yacht-week people.
info @ activity-yachting.com
*I have no financial interest in this, it's just a recommendation based on my own positive experience working there in the past.

good luck
Old 01-04-2023, 09:40   #3

Thanks Kris! I will send them email. Much appreciated
Great Banana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-2023, 10:17   #4

I think you are taking your chances either way. can you afford to just dry dock it for the summer?
dhenline is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
charter, men