Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 25-04-2017, 15:09   #31

Boat: Carver 356
Re: Documentation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cotemar View Post
All I can say, is there is a special place for someone that would steal from a boater or boating community.

The list of PISSED of boaters is growing every day.

Yes, the list is getting longer and for each new member of the "pissed off list", someone's pocket is getting lined with green.
Let's keep these threads going to alert as many people as possible. I've posted on 6 different boating forums. I also sent a link to the BOAT US press release to some people of influence to pass it on.
Chuck34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-2017, 15:25   #32

Community Sponsor

Boat: Mahe 36, Helia 44 Evo, MY 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck34 View Post
Yes, the list is getting longer and for each new member of the "pissed off list", someone's pocket is getting lined with green.
Let's keep these threads going to alert as many people as possible. I've posted on 6 different boating forums. I also sent a link to the BOAT US press release to some people of influence to pass it on.
I know, as I was going to post on those other forums also, but had seen you had already beat me to them.

GREAT JOB. I will most certainly fill in where I see a void.

6,400 views and counting since this Documentation ISSUE went viral, so a good many boaters are seeing or searching Google for this Documentation ISSUE.
Cotemar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-2017, 15:53   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cotemar View Post
I know, as I was going to post on those other forums also, but had seen you had already beat me to them.

Feel free to give those threads an occasional bump to keep them active.
Old 26-04-2017, 04:50   #34

Location: Thhe boat is in Titusville, FL and we're back in CO for a few months resupplying the cruising kitty and raising money for our childrens dental charity www.sailing4smiles.com
Boat: 1982 Cape Dory 36 Hull #78

If you pay the $75, do you eventually get your new docs?
SSgtPitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-2017, 05:25   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSgtPitt View Post
I got mine and I don't think I've seen any posts where someone didn't get theirs.
The company in question is a legitimate documentation service. Their business tactics is what we are talking about.
I did lose a month and others here has as well. My current Doc. expires 5/31/17. The one I just got expires 4/30/18. If I had waited until I got my renewal notice from the CG, this would not have happened.
Old 26-04-2017, 05:34   #36

Boat: 2000 Searay 380 Sundancer

Quote:
There are reports in other forums that the certificate was mailed from U.S. Vessel Documentation. The events to obtaining the certificate when the owner voids the agreement / payment have not yet been documented on-line.

Another factor impacting the cost is that by renewing early, at least one month is lost because the USCG starts the one-year clock based on the processing date. In those cases the extra cost is $55.25, $49 delta over USCG direct, plus one month at $75.

chuck34 - lost one month

Recovery Room - lost two months
wingless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-2017, 22:14   #37

Location: Thhe boat is in Titusville, FL and we're back in CO for a few months resupplying the cruising kitty and raising money for our childrens dental charity www.sailing4smiles.com
Boat: 1982 Cape Dory 36 Hull #78

Quote:
I got mine and I don't think I've seen any posts where someone didn't get theirs.
The company in question is a legitimate documentation service. Their business tactics is what we are talking about.
I did lose a month and others here has as well. My current Doc. expires 5/31/17. The one I just got expires 4/30/18. If I had waited until I got my renewal notice from the CG, this would not have happened.
We're in the process of doing ours; a change of ownership as well as a name change for the boat. We also had the "opportunity" to use this same service but actually read the service agreement and opted to go straight to the USCG. We had to pay off the loan on the boat first though, so that took a little while. I am not finding fault with anyone that has used the service intentionally or otherwise and I can see how easy it would be to get taken in.

I apparently have several million dollars in a trust from a long lost distant relative in Nairobi. They're holding it for me in a private account so the Gov't doesn't try and tax it. They just need some information and for me to pay for processing and soon I'll be a multi-millionaire.
SSgtPitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-2017, 23:48   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug4bass View Post
I notified the USCG......and they seemed pretty apathetic.

The outcome may very well be that the "mailing list", as it is widely referred to, was legally purchased $$$$ as part of the scam company's marketing campaign.

Reminds of that fine print at the websites stating

We value your privacy.

Yea, right. Value $$$$.
Three Sisters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-04-2017, 02:50   #39

Quote:

I apparently have several million dollars in a trust from a long lost distant relative in Nairobi. They're holding it for me in a private account so the Gov't doesn't try and tax it. They just need some information and for me to pay for processing and soon I'll be a multi-millionaire.
I don't make this offer often, but you seem like a pretty decent guy...
When you get the money, I have an investment opportunity you must look into. For a small broker's fee, I have an ETF I can put you into with a guaranteed 12-14% yearly return and the risk is extremely low. None of my investors have lost a penny and most have made even more than 16%. Check it out
Old 27-04-2017, 04:12   #40

Quote:
I don't make this offer often, but you seem like a pretty decent guy...
When you get the money, I have an investment opportunity you must look into. For a small broker's fee, I have an ETF I can put you into with a guaranteed 12-14% yearly return and the risk is extremely low. None of my investors have lost a penny and most have made even more than 16%. Check it out
I forgot to mention...earnings are tax free as well.
Old 27-04-2017, 07:19   #41

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by wingless View Post
There are reports in other forums that the certificate was mailed from U.S. Vessel Documentation. The events to obtaining the certificate when the owner voids the agreement / payment have not yet been documented on-line.

Another factor impacting the cost is that by renewing early, at least one month is lost because the USCG starts the one-year clock based on the processing date. In those cases the extra cost is $55.25, $49 delta over USCG direct, plus one month at $75.

chuck34 - lost one month

Recovery Room - lost two months
Here is another member who received the Documentation Certificate after paying the $75..

Oceandeep Received Documentation Certificate
Old 27-04-2017, 10:42   #42

Again, there's no issue about the company being a legitimate documentation service and barring occasional human errors, everyone who pays there $75 will get their letter. It's the ethics of the company we all have problems with.
Old 27-04-2017, 16:00   #43

Boat: ‘01 Catana 401

Quote:
Again, there's no issue about the company being a legitimate documentation service and barring occasional human errors, everyone who pays there $75 will get their letter. It's the ethics of the company we all have problems with.

Amen. The mailers are just plain deceptive.
Sailmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2017, 14:08   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sailmonkey View Post
Amen. The mailers are just plain deceptive.
As soon as I got my mail, my immediate thought was, here's my CG renewal which I knew would be coming soon. At that moment, my guard dropped and I fell for this scam. Had I kept my guard up, I like to think I would have realized just what I had in my hand and would have tossed it in the trash.
Oh well, lesson learned and it will not happen again. Maybe this $49 life lesson will keep me from a much bigger mistake down the road.
Old 01-05-2017, 14:50   #45

All Don Quixote had was tilting at windmills. Don't forget the real good of promoting challenging assumptions, w/ U.S. Vessel Documentation as an example.

Keep up the good work / word.

Tags
documentation, men