Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Life Aboard a Boat > Boat Ownership & Making a Living
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-10-2022, 14:17   #1

Boat: Fountaine Pajot Saba 50
Navigare making changes to owner's usage

I am a mostly happy owner of an FP saba 50 currently in Navigare's fleet in BVI. When I bought my boat (100% owned by me) the owner's usage was defined in a document called the "Holiday Program". 3 years later they have made changes to the program, including changing from unlimited owner's time in any season to limited days in high season. Since I have a Purchase agreement contract (signed by both parties), I maintain that changes made to the contract not agreed to by both parties, do not apply. It seems to be a breach of contract on their part. I have a good maritime contract lawyer, but before I send this to him, I thought I would ask here if anybody else has run into similar issues with Navigare or other charter companies.

TIA

BILL
svgoodvibration is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2024, 09:29   #2

Re: Navigare making changes to owner's usage

Hi, what's the outcome of this discussion with navigare?
Thonglor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2024, 04:00   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by svgoodvibration View Post
I am a mostly happy owner of an FP saba 50 currently in Navigare's fleet in BVI. When I bought my boat (100% owned by me) the owner's usage was defined in a document called the "Holiday Program". 3 years later they have made changes to the program, including changing from unlimited owner's time in any season to limited days in high season. Since I have a Purchase agreement contract (signed by both parties), I maintain that changes made to the contract not agreed to by both parties, do not apply. It seems to be a breach of contract on their part. I have a good maritime contract lawyer, but before I send this to him, I thought I would ask here if anybody else has run into similar issues with Navigare or other charter companies.

TIA

BILL
Hi svgoodvibration,

I have been looking at Navigare in regards to owners usage.

Did you have a favorable resolution?
will_q is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2024, 19:49   #4

Update. Navigare is not paying owners in their fleet. Financial troubles...
Old 16-08-2024, 22:55   #5

Interesting - can you share more details
Old 17-08-2024, 06:12   #6

https://yachtcharteradvisory.com/f/navigare-yachting-announces-strategic-changes-to-leadership

" Navigare Yachting, a premier charter company with a distinguished 22-year history, announces a series of strategic changes aimed at reinforcing its market position. Despite a significant increase in yacht sales in recent years, charter sales have not kept pace with the expanding fleet. To address this disparity and adapt to evolving market conditions, Navigare Yachting will implement structural changes."
Old 03-09-2024, 09:19   #7
Marine Service Provider

Boat: neptunus 56 fly

Quote:
Originally Posted by svgoodvibration View Post
Update. Navigare is not paying owners in their fleet. Financial troubles...
what pay,for pay somebody must rent and make money.
100% owner in Croatia charter this 2024 can cover marina cost and cleaning. some lucky owners cover boat expenses.

better work 12-20 ft boat or sailboat in range 30-40 ft ws bigger 45-60 ft mono. Catamaran is totally down special 45-65 ft

The funny is 2-3000 € valid 15 ft boat with 10 hp engine go out for 150-200€ days ws 300-500€ day new 50 ft sailboat valid 400 000€
o yes
cleaning boat charge 150-200€ but cleaning company charge 400€ + sheet cleaning by kg and this company don't want touch sheet and tovel.owner must cover different in price
more is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2024, 11:16   #8

Sorry I don't understand your message, can you try with Google translate, please?
Old 06-09-2024, 23:18   #9

Before somebody can be paid anything, the money must be earned first by renting.

100% of the owners in Croatia charter season 2024 will be able to cover their cost for marina and cleaning. Some lucky owners may be able to cover their boat expenses as well.

What works better are 12-20ft boats or sailboats in the range of 30-40ft as compared to bigger 45-60 ft mono. Catamarans are totally down, especially 45-65ft.

The funny thing is, a 15ft boat with 10hp engine worth 2,000 to 3,000 Euro will rent for 150-200€ per day vs. a new 50ft sailboat worth 400,000€ which will rent out for 300-500€ per day.

The fee for one cleaning of a boat charged to the charter customer is usually 150-200€, however the cleaning companies charge 400€ per cleaning. This even excludes cleaning of sheets and towels which have to be paid per kg in addition. The difference in cost must be covered by the owner.

Tags
USA