Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 19-06-2009, 07:47   #1

Travel Videos - Your Thoughts?

Ok, so I have been lurking here for a while and have developed some respect for most of the members.

I need your input on our new project.

We are going cruising and to earn monies while out cruising we have decided to do Travel Videos. Kind of like the Shards do on the "Distant Shores" Videos.

Our business plan is to follow the Scott Sigler lead and do a serial release of our videos on Youtube and other video providers as well as our web site. They will be about 7~10 minute parts that will be free to the viewer. Or the viewer can opt to purchase our DVD and see the entire show now. It has about 17 sections, so to see it for free will take about 17 weeks, one part a week will be released by us.

The idea is to make our monies in advertising and some dvd sales.

We have already chartered in the BVI and shot the first season of the show. The show is called "Travelers in Paradise" and the first season is all about the BVI.

You can see the shows intro at this link.

YouTube - travelersinparadise's Channel

Is this something that you might be interested in seeing? Would you buy the DVD or would you watch it for free? If you have a related business would you advertise on our website and/or on the show itself?

We will be posting the teaser for the first season later today and later in the week we will release the first part.

The parts include interviewes with cruisers, Tours of resorts and marinas, fishing, scubadiving, The ARC europe, and of course lots of sailing, beach bars, sandy beaches, palm trees in the breeze and pretty scenery.
Traveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-2009, 09:14   #2
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: (Cruiser Living On Dirt)
Greetings and welcome aboard Carl.

The teaser is an attractive & very slick production.

If the content matches the production values, I’m certain I’d enjoy watching them.

I won’t be watching the free U-Tube episodes. The 38 second teaser took 1 minute 39 seconds to view (all chopped up) on my internet connection.
Since I don’t buy or rent books or videos, I expect I’ll be missing out on some good stuff.

Good luck on your cruise, and in your business enterprise.

GordMay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-2009, 21:22   #3

Boat: Pacific Seacraft a Crealock 34
I think it is a great idea, and a great way to introduce a country, are you including approaches and such or mainly focusing on getting around town kind of thing. I'd buy the video if it included navigating the approach and inlets, places to anchor, hurricane holes, anything unusual about customs/checking in.
Erika
Ocean Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-06-2009, 00:13   #4

Boat: Skookum 53'
Please don't show off too many of the really cool hide out spots, or they will get over crowded.
Old 23-06-2009, 10:41   #5

I've often wondered as well... very nice video. I look forward to seeing them.
Dallas_Chris is offline   Reply With Quote