Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 24-06-2020, 22:49   #1

Boat: Allied Seawind 30
Vessel Shopping Opinions

My family and I are planning to do some cruising. I lived aboard when I was younger, but never had the money to fix my boat up enough to actually sail it. My wife got into some sailing Vlogs and now has the same dream as I have for years. I bought a small micro cruiser to sail on the lake and introduce her to real sailing. We are now talking about returning to Florida and living aboard while I load the kitty and prepare the boat to spend some seasons in the Carib. and further off if we decided. I have been researching boats for a few year and have decided that I want a Prout 37 Elite. There are several reasons for this. I won't go into that now though. I have been keeping watch for the right boat at the right price. I have noticed that the international boats seem to be priced cheaper in this hemisphere. These are two that are out there right now.

https://www.yachtworld.com/boats/198...elite-3642083/

https://www.yachtworld.com/boats/198...elite-2950595/

Has anyone had experience buying boats from the USVIs or other countries? What are the pitfalls in doing so? Is it wise? How do you go about doing it? I don't have any offshore experience, so I would have to hire someone to help me get it to Florida, but that is another conversation. Maybe in the end it isn't cheaper after all. Thoughts?

Thanks!
_LifeInTheWild_ is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
shopping