Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-11-2013, 08:01   #1

Boat: 40 spray
albania

I am in albania. I was pleased to get the help for Agim as I found on this forum. What I am not pleased with is all the frigging hassle to go from one place to another. each place has its own port and set of papers. You would think it is still communist by the way they act. everywhere I go they ask my plans, if I am married, what my plans are, a real bare light inquisition. En route to Orikum Marina I stopped over in Himare. Everywhere is so pretty, but after I came ashore and had a beer, i went back to the baot on snorkeled awhile, then showered and came ashore for a meal. The port authority was there for me saying "this is NOT NORMAL!! this IS NOT normal" and making a big hassle. I told him I have my papers for travel form Sarande but he insisted that I go again and get MORE papers. Man what a shame. so much potential yet the mindset is still too regimented.
Cjwelch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 08:03   #2

Re: albania

go again to thier port authority that is
Old 09-11-2013, 08:37   #3

ok so to top everything off last night at 10 PM I woke up to a bright light shining in my eyes. I freaked out to see a huge spotlight RIGHT outside my cabin window!! I ran up in my boxers and saw two men on a police boat holding onto the rails of Tacha. One boarded me and went through some BS routine of going through my papers. He asked me for a pen. THen for paper. THEN FOR MY EYEGLASSES!!! He copied some of the paperwork I had from Sarande by hand, then after about 10 minutes of questioning and undecipherable meaning to the entire visit he asks me for beers, yes you heard right, BEERS for him and his buddy the promoptly left!@!! lol I am not even mad now. I was like this is a great story!
Old 09-11-2013, 08:42   #4

Sorry to hear the authorities are so much in your face... time to get out of there to a more sunny clime I guess!

Cheechako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 08:49   #5

I have to say that this has been the absolute prettiest coast and country I have sailed in. The best wind and waves and landscape. It is truly a shame they cant shake the communistitic habits. I had 25 knots and 10 ft seas with clear skies all day. I sailed from Himare for the point where you turn to Orikum which about 35 miles in about 5 hours and I was not even trying to bother with much except keeping moving. i was singing and sailing. Its a pity.
Old 09-11-2013, 08:50   #6

I will say though that the Marina in Orikum is awesome. I am leaving Tacha here while i go see my Dad who is taking a turn for the worse right now. This si a VERY nice marina.