Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 27-12-2019, 09:55   #1
TFM

Boat: Beneteau Oceanus 331
Florida to Georgetown in January?

I'm hoping to take my 33' Beneteau from Florida's east coast to Georgetown, Exuma, Bahamas in January. I am familiar with the route through the Abacos where Hurricane Dorian raised the most havoc and would like to go that way. My concern is about the availability of fuel and supplies, but also thoughts of our possibly getting in the way of emergency operations and coming across flotsam and jetsam that may be lurking in the waters.

I have made calls to Old Bahama Bay Resort @ West End and was informed their facilities are open and operating as usual. I also have a first hand report by a friend who lives in Marsh Harbor (and lost his place and vehicles from Dorian) that Maxwell's Grocery is now open, and at least one filling station is open. Also, Marsh Harbor International Airport is open.

Anything you can add to this will be much appreciated. Tom
TFM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-12-2019, 08:31   #2

Boat: 1988 Hans Christian 33
Re: Florida to Georgetown in January?

Green Turtle Club Marina is open with docks, fuel and water. There is a small grocery store in New Plymouth where you can resupply yourself. Maxwells in Marsh Harbour is also open and fully stocked. Propane is still somewhat difficult to get, so be aware of that.
Lowcountry is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
florida, georgetown