Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 22-05-2008, 21:50   #16

Boat: 1995 CATALINA 320 formerly Catamaran owner
Send a message via Skype™ to SurfNRG
To West End or Mangrove Coin Toss?

We're hoping to sail out Lake Worth on June 6th - ish weather permitting. Going with a couple other boats who are wanting to leave at 6 a.m. and plan to get into West End by 4 pm. I have one crew member onboard recommending for us to blow off West End and instead aim for Mangrove Cay for the first night. This is my wife and myself's first crossing so any opinions for or against West End are welcome. Heard it could get extremely buggy at West End and it's very expensive. But on the other hand, heard it has a super nice marina with many ammenities and can be entered at night if conditions slow us down coming across. My crew member buddy has done the crossing several times and doesn't sound too stoked on West End.
SurfNRG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-05-2008, 16:54   #17

Boat: Slocum 43 Ladybug
dont bother with west end

Never having checked in at west end i can only say we had a great night at mangrove Cay and checking in at Green Turtle has to be the easiest thing in the world. I say skip west end and enjoy a night at anchor.

SVladybug

Now at Man o war. ( dont come here if you need beer its a dry island !!)
svladybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-05-2008, 13:48   #18

svroshambo where are u ?

Have not seen you around did you get here?

Ladybug
Old 28-05-2008, 18:25   #19

Boat: CAL 3-46
Send a message via AIM to Latitude9.5
We made it to green turtle today, lol. We crossed saturday and had a great crossing, we sailed south, turned in front of the Jupiter Inlet and had a decent run to Little Bahama Bank, very little wind, seemed like it was less then 5 the whole time accross the stream. We hit little bahamas bank and made our turn to and within a few minutes a nice south wind picked up 8 to 10 knots we sailed that all the way to great sale, great sale was miserable saturday night with the south wind, we decided to catch up on some rest and stayed sunday and great sale, no break in the heavy east winds we decided to beat into a 20 knot east wind on Monday too Allans-Pensacola, it was worth it, boats were stacking up at great sale (16 when we left) due to the NE winds. Spent the last two days at allans snorkeling and enjoying a nice little anchorage with only a couple other boats in it. Took off this morning and did a little motor sailing, to green turtle, cleared customs and we're anchored up off new plymouth. Where are you guys now?
Latitude9.5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-05-2008, 05:48   #20

be in Green turtle after Lunch Today!

Will be going to a mooring in White Sound

Tags
Bahamas, fort lauderdale